A favour I could ask a 28 year old Taiwanese girl for

We need some chicks to wade in on the debate. @Hanna?

What the hell is toastmasters?

1 Like

Someone who is great at making toast. It’s not as easy as it looks. You have to put the bread just right in the metal box and make sure you don’t burn it. Only then are you a toast master.

12 Likes

Oh I was called on to weigh in on this.

Chick is not particularly offensive but it just feels dated to me. Very 90s/00s makeup advertisement vibes.

howabout, “hubba-hubba” ?

1 Like

Fair enough. The term is dated but inoffensive, just like most of us posting here. :wink:

My dearly departed grandfather said back in his day (like the 30s and 40s) attractive women were called “tomatoes”, which always puzzled me. How does one associate a round piece of produce with sexiness?? :confused:

Seriously? Chick is offensive now?

The Tyranny of word control continues.

5 Likes

Just in case you are asking a serious question…

It’s an organization that promotes and helps to develop communication and public speaking skills.
Good for those who want to develop their public speaking abilities, as well as for those who are too shy and want to open up a bit or increase their self-confidence.
:beers::clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Just a guess, but maybe it could be slang for “to mate, oh!”

2 Likes

oh god no :sick:

also I wrote “wade” instead of “weigh”. Effing Mondays.

I once had a German friend who said they describe women’s asses as “apples” if they’re small, “tomatoes” if they’re big and juicy, and “potatoes” if they’re lumpy and unattractive.

I literally just said it’s not offensive.

Sounds like kind of a weird place to pick up women…I guess it can happen anywhere.

1 Like

I’d like the OP to use chick instead of woman in his next TM speech. It’ll be a nice acid test. :nail_care:

2 Likes

Yes, and some times you don’t even have the luxury of a toaster and have to use the portable electric heaters the house mother gives you and not get caught (farm volunteer experience).
To get golden brown toast on that is mastering toast.

1 Like

But seriously, ask this chick to Luisa’s to help you out on your next speech.
Your speech will be “Why I’m Your Mr. Right.”

5 Likes

That’s a good advice!
Do we have a PUA among us?

1 Like

But to reach the Supreme Toastmaster level, you must learn to make toast with a hairdryer on the low heat setting.

1 Like

By reading your comments on this thread, one really wonders if you and K-man aren’t the same person… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

LOL, I’m not. I didn’t even know he existed until people started assuming I was him.

2 Likes

CxWFElHW8AEo6Hw

3 Likes

LOL, that’s going a bit too far. I never said he sucks. I just said I’m not him. :slight_smile: