A few questions from a hopeful black teacher

I’m not going to lie…I have heard that there is discrimination. I mean I have black curly hair and I once went for an interview where they asked me if it was possible to stop curling my hair because I look too black and I am from South-Africa so the parents may think I’m black. I got so mad that I told them that my hair is natural and that I am black. (but I’m not) When I came here mannnny years ago blonde people got jobs first…(looks more foreign)

Then again, I knew a guy who is Jamaican-Canadian…with golden dreadlocks down to his bum…and half an arm. And he got jobs.

I would put a photo because why bother wasting your time…at least then you know people that are interested don’t care about your colour.

It’s all about what school you walk into…even what chain of a school you walk into. I know a British girl that got asked to speak better English, not with the funny accent. And I worked at a school for 3 years where they forced me to speak American English.(and I cant unlearn it…its terrible!!) I’m still trying to get my british accent back, but I say bathroom instead of baaaaaaafroom automatically now…and ppl back home laugh at me:(