A few questions regarding cost of items and services

We are moving to Taiwan in about 3 months for at least 3 years. I have a few questions:

1. What is the best home broadband to buy preferably with unlimited downloads I prefer steady speed doesn’t have to be the fastest but most reliable and unlimited downloads.

2. What is the best scooter brand to buy I was thinking Yamaha GTR Aero/ Cygnus X or Aeon model but not sure which one I am going to buy this new and want a decent speed one to get around and do shopping runs and take my daughter to school close by. Not for long trips as we will buy a car also. Reliability is a must. I have read the thread on when to service the scooters and it was very informative.

3. What sites are good to buy a second hand car or trustworthy dealers in the Taipei or Zhongli areas, we need to buy a Suzuki Swift or similar small car with low kms for trips with the family.

4. Also what documents do I need to make a Taiwan ID I am married to a Taiwanese. I have a Australian passport, birth certificate original from country of birth, drivers license, bank cards, health card. Would I need my Australian citizenship original or will a justice of peace signed copy be sufficient.

5. How is tax calculated also as I am starting a business here for income.

6. Also how and where do I register for a business name

I think that is all the questions I have at the moment. Thanks in advance for any advice given. (:(: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote=“inetcentral”]We are moving to Taiwan in about 3 months for at least 3 years. I have a few questions:

1. What is the best home broadband to buy preferably with unlimited downloads I prefer steady speed doesn’t have to be the fastest but most reliable and unlimited downloads.

2. What is the best scooter brand to buy I was thinking Yamaha GTR Aero/ Cygnus X or Aeon model but not sure which one I am going to buy this new and want a decent speed one to get around and do shopping runs and take my daughter to school close by. Not for long trips as we will buy a car also. Reliability is a must. I have read the thread on when to service the scooters and it was very informative.

3. What sites are good to buy a second hand car or trustworthy dealers in the Taipei or Zhongli areas, we need to buy a Suzuki Swift or similar small car with low kms for trips with the family.

4. Also what documents do I need to make a Taiwan ID I am married to a Taiwanese. I have a Australian passport, birth certificate original from country of birth, drivers license, bank cards, health card. Would I need my Australian citizenship original or will a justice of peace signed copy be sufficient.

5. How is tax calculated also as I am starting a business here for income.

6. Also how and where do I register for a business name

I think that is all the questions I have at the moment. Thanks in advance for any advice given. (:(: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:[/quote]

think twice about buying a car. if you are only here for three years it may be cheaper to rent one for weekend trips as opposed to paying for parking and other expenses.

oh okay ill have a look around at rental prices and work out which will be better. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. :slight_smile: