A few questions :)

Here here. Finally some nice folk came out of the woodwork with encouraging words. Yayyyy!

I was starting to lose hope there for a bit.

Not to mention threesomes.

And I just realized that this applies to me too, so what do I know?[/quote]
Way to toot your own horn, dude.

And I just realized that this applies to me too, so what do I know?[/quote]
Way to toot your own horn, dude.[/quote]

:laughing:

Beauty is subjective. Lord knows I’m no spring peach, but then here I am. I have to contrast with what people say about piercings. I have worked with people who have multiple ear piercings, tongue piercings, nose piercings (my former principal!), and eyebrow piercings…plus yours truly used to have an eyebrow ring herself…

Then again, all of these pierced people also happen to have teaching certification.

So it might not be your piercings standing in your way, but rather your lack of experience and qualifications (in this case, simply a degree). If you are sincere about teaching, I invite you. Taiwan needs more dedicated people here teaching. However, if this is merely a way to fill in your time while you discover yourself, I suggest staying home and finding yourself there. There are enough “want to see the world” gits who are greasing the Taiwanese out of their money without needing to encourage even more to join their ranks. If you do decide to come (seeing as we can’t stop you anyways really), at least take stock in the culture here rather than encasing yourself in a foreigner bubble…and make sure your brother’s going to provide you with enough money for a return flight in case the FAP decides to come and pay your future workplace a visit.