A fine example of moderators contributing to the overall goo

[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/conflict/27712/1 fine example of moderators contributing to the overall good feeling of the place.[/url] Give yourselves a hearty pat on the backs. Ironlady, I am not the least bit surprised to hear you could put your students to sleep. And Seeker, keep looking, you’ll find it someday.

I started this thread as a potential resource for teachers that want to use role playing in their classrooms. If you don’t have anything positive to add, please keep your fricken comments to yourselves. If you want to ask me serious questions about my success using this method, by all means, fire away. I am more than happy to spitball ideas back and forth. But if you are gonna turn this into another clusterfuck gang bang…screw you. I won’t bother.

Hey, TEIT Cocomod, the one that still likes and respects me, can you flame all this shit please.

Thanks JD.

How is that a fine example of moderators contributing to the overall goo?

[quote=“Old Gobbo”][url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/conflict/27712/1 fine example of moderators contributing to the overall good feeling of the place.[/url] Give yourselves a hearty pat on the backs. Ironlady, I am not the least bit surprised to hear you could put your students to sleep. And Seeker, keep looking, you’ll find it someday.

I started this thread as a potential resource for teachers that want to use role playing in their classrooms. If you don’t have anything positive to add, please keep your fricken comments to yourselves. If you want to ask me serious questions about my success using this method, by all means, fire away. I am more than happy to spitball ideas back and forth. But if you are gonna turn this into another clusterfuck gang bang…screw you. I won’t bother.

Hey, TEIT Cocomod, the one that still likes and respects me, can you flame all this shit please.

Thanks JD.[/quote]

I didn’t see IL’s response the same way - I think she was just expressing surprise that your students are so stimulating. I think all of us who have taught can identify with the example she brought up. I really don’t think she was dissing you or your students…

Peace.

Well, it sounded really sarcastic to me. And seeker went over my head with his “joke”. Let’s just call me gun-shy.

Well, my original post was not sarcastic, but my reply sure was. Just in case you’re wondering. Although as usual it does contain actual serious comments.

OK, it’s gone from the thread.

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

YOU! Yeah YOU! With the NY sense of humor! You watch it there lady! :wink:

I think your frustration is warranted, albiet slightly misdirected in this case.

I get tired of the “I’m so funny, I’ll post something I think is funny on this thread, even if it has little or nothing to do with what the OP is trying to accomplish” sorts of posts.

If the OP makes it clear that he/she is after specific answers to specific questions, or wants to engage in a discussion on a specific topic, then those who respond ought to try and stay on topic.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good laugh. But I think one of the problems with the online forum environment is that people who think they are awfully damned funny like to hijack threads for their own use. There is a temp forum here for that purpose.

I couldn’t agree with you more, Tomas.

[quote=“Tomas”]I think your frustration is warranted, albiet slightly misdirected in this case.

I get tired of the “I’m so funny, I’ll post something I think is funny on this thread, even if it has little or nothing to do with what the OP is trying to accomplish” sorts of posts.

If the OP makes it clear that he/she is after specific answers to specific questions, or wants to engage in a discussion on a specific topic, then those who respond ought to try and stay on topic.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good laugh. But I think one of the problems with the online forum environment is that people who think they are awfully damned funny like to hijack threads for their own use. There is a temp forum here for that purpose.[/quote]

Thanks T. I appreciate the feedback.

Re warranted or not: I am all about funny. I try to find something funny in just about everything. Even one of my arch enemies here once nominated me for being amongst the funniest posters around. That said; the only kind of humour that isn’t insulting to at least one person is “the mighty pun”. All other forms of humour will denegrate someone, even self-deprecationg humour.

What seeker thought was funny was in fact, completely insulting to me. Okay, not completely, let’s say “slightly”. Ironlady’s comments followed on the heel of it, and while already put in a “slightly” foul mood, I again scroll down to see seeker applauding her, adding insult to insult. Sure, I over-reacted, as is my wont. I have been to the abyss before and stared into the gaping maw of forumosa. You can be sure that I will never go gently into that good, good night again.

So, all you wanna be keyboard comics out there. Less Lenny Bruce, more William Shakespeare (Master of the Pun) and no one gets hurt.

Howza about that?

Infidel, thanks to you too.

Shakespeare wrote that brevity was the soul of wit. But be “wit” he was referring to intelligence.

I’ll stop here.
'Nuff said, eh?

:wink:

Shakespeare wrote that brevity was the soul of wit. But be “wit” he was referring to intelligence.

I’ll stop here.
'Nuff said, eh?

:wink:[/quote]

They also say that the pun is the lowest form of humour. But that is a misnomer. The pun is the lowest form of wit, which in turn is the highest form of humour.

Also, the pun is mightier than the sword.

I’ll stop here.
'Nuff said, eh?

:wink:[/quote]

They also say that the pun is the lowest form of humour. But that is a misnomer. The pun is the lowest form of wit, which in turn is the highest form of humour.

Also, the pun is mightier than the sword.[/quote]

I thought sarcasm was the lowest form of wit? And that pun’s get quite a good reception. Also, the bun is mightier that than the gourd. (It was an easy mistake to make.)

Don’t think there is much wit about sarcasm, but okay…You are soooooooooooo intelligent TomHill. :smiling_imp:

So… we are agreed then… sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Am I being weirdy beardy here? Im confused. Did Old Gobbo sling an arrow in my direction? What happened?

[quote=“Old Gobbo”]

Also, the pun is mightier than the sword.[/quote]

You should be punished for that one. :wink:

Am I being weirdy beardy here? Im confused. Did Old Gobbo sling an arrow in my direction? What happened?[/quote]

T’is thy outrageous fortune.

farting is such sweet marrow.