A food steamer

I am looking for a good food steamer.
Costco use to have one, but no more. Have you seen good ones somewhere in Taipei?
Thanks.

[quote=“igorveni”]I am looking for a good food steamer.
Costco use to have one, but no more. Have you seen good ones somewhere in Taipei?
Thanks.[/quote]

You can improvise one just as well. A small-holed metal collander suspended above the bottom of a pan of near-boiling water can do the same thing.

[quote=“Sleepyhead”][quote=“igorveni”]I am looking for a good food steamer.
Thanks.[/quote]

You can improvise one just as well. A small-holed metal collander suspended above the bottom of a pan of near-boiling water can do the same thing.[/quote]
Yeah, I have been doing it for a year already, I am tired of it, I want something better.

You might be able to find a stainless steel steamer at a local hardware store. Although the digital ones in your link look handy, steaming is fast so if you pay a little attention you don’t need an electric one.

I have a stainless steel three tier steamer (bottom piece for water). I often use it instead of a microwave. I move so much that I try to limit the appliances (and stuff) I buy.

Rice cookers can do what you’re looking to do. If you don’t have a steamer with your rice cooker then get a bamboo steamer, line it with wax paper and put it in the rice cooker or wok.

Never mind guys, I found it on Yahoo bid.
Thanks.

[quote=“igorveni”]Never mind guys, I found it on Yahoo bid.
Thanks.[/quote]

Why spend the money on that when you can use a bamboo steamer, that’s cheaper. Does the same thing…just askin’

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“igorveni”]Never mind guys, I found it on Yahoo bid.
Thanks.[/quote]

Why spend the money on that when you can use a bamboo steamer, that’s cheaper. Does the same thing…just askin’[/quote]
I just like the steamer better.

I’d have to agree with Namahottie. Cooking with things that aren’t made of plastic is generally a good idea, and food from bamboo steamers tastes better anyway.

I guess you guys don’t use microwave’s either, or any electric appliances for that matter, as it’s bad for you…
The thing is, the plastic steamers are easy to use, you pop the food in them and set the time and off you go. You don’t have to watch it and make sure that you don’t run out of water in the wok etc…
Each to their own I guess…

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]I guess you guys don’t use microwave’s either, or any electric appliances for that matter, as it’s bad for you…
The thing is, the plastic steamers are easy to use, you pop the food in them and set the time and off you go. You don’t have to watch it and make sure that you don’t run out of water in the wok etc…
Each to their own I guess…[/quote]

And you can do the same with a bamboo steamer and a timer. :idunno: as you said “to each their own” :smiley: