... a forward-tilted cushion for my butt?

I need a wedge-shaped cushion to put on an office chair. This is to keep my hips in a good position and stop my back from getting messed up. I really need a cushion that’s not too soft, or the wedge-ness of it won’t really matter. I used to have a great one in the UK. My Alexander Technique teacher had got a batch made up. Never seen one here though. Any ideas?

eBay

[quote=“Dragonbones”]eBay[/quote]Thanks, DB! You’re the god of the WCIF forum!

That cushion’s neat. I like the cutout for the coccyx . Extremely cheap, too. They don’t ship here but I think I’ll get it sent to mum in the UK and ask her to send it on here.

You can usually Google and find another seller of the same or a similar item who will ship here. You can also contact the seller on eBay and ask if they’ll ship here; half of them turn around and agree to, in my experience. Some of them are simply unaware that it’s just as easy to ship to Taiwan as to other places, or don’t realize that the buyer will be willing to cover the additional shipping.

Oh, right. I’ve never actually used eBay before, so I didn’t realise there was wiggle room on stuff like that.

Thanks again.

Wouldn’t this chair be better for your back?

[quote=“Namahottie”]

Wouldn’t this chair be better for your back?[/quote]I used one like that for a couple of years. It was OK for an hour or two, but got a bit uncomfortable after that. Apparently some doctors say that back support is quite important.

Another thing some people do is use an exercise ball as an office chair.

Some people swear by this, but again, others including medical professionals don’t recommend sitting on exercise balls for long periods of time.

I’ll add my 2 cents.

I fractured my coccyx last year. Was in horrible pain. I thought about getting a butt-donut pillow, etc, but my girlfriends father came up with a better idea: inner-tube from a scooter tire.

Was free, the perfect size, and slighly larger on one side than the other (don’t know why), so it had a nice forward tilt. After using that for about 2 months, my coccyx was completely healed.

Go to a maintenance shop and see if they have one they’ll give you for free. Wasn’t going to win any beauty awards, but it worked great for me.

[quote=“MPenguin”]I’ll add my 2 cents.

I fractured my coccyx last year. Was in horrible pain. I thought about getting a butt-donut pillow, etc, but my girlfriends father came up with a better idea: inner-tube from a scooter tire.

Was free, the perfect size, and slighly larger on one side than the other (don’t know why), so it had a nice forward tilt. After using that for about 2 months, my coccyx was completely healed.

Go to a maintenance shop and see if they have one they’ll give you for free. Wasn’t going to win any beauty awards, but it worked great for me.[/quote]
Interesting idea! I did actually used to have a couple of things like that that I got from a local medical device store. I was trying to make my motorbike seat more comfortable…

Anyway, for me it’s really the forward-tilting angle that I need, so I’ll probably get the kind of cushion that Dragonbones linked to, unless anyone’s seen anything like that here.

Car accessories/part stores …

yup, i used a scooter inner tube when i broke my coccyx many moons ago. did the trick!

have you considered just sawing off the offending part of your buttocks, joesax? then you could sit anywhere in comfort. :sunglasses: