A funny one at the laundry

This morning i was doing my laundry at the local coin laundry. When the wash cycle was over and I was pulling the wet clothes out of the machine a few hundred dollar bills I had forgotten in my pants dropped to the floor. As I bent over to pick them up the guy sitting closest to me informed me that he used the machine before me and those bills were his.
I looked at him and he was obviously currently using the machine next to me.
So I said, “You just used this machine before I came in?”
“Yes,” he replied.
"Well then, " I relied “Which machine are your clothes drying in?”
His painted on smile melted as he realized he had no way out of the lie and he switched to the whole dirty wai guo ren speech.

When he was finished ranting I said I would use the money to wash my clothes again to get my dirty wai guo ren stink out, smiled and shoved them in my pocket.

I figured long ago if you are going to be a liar you should at least be good at it, you know?

What a fuckin muppet.
:laughing:

Nicely handled, shifty. You have my utmost respect.

[quote=“shifty”]This morning I was doing my laundry at the local coin laundry. When the wash cycle was over and I was pulling the wet clothes out of the machine a few hundred dollar bills I had forgotten in my pants dropped to the floor. As I bent over to pick them up the guy sitting closest to me informed me that he used the machine before me and those bills were his.
I looked at him and he was obviously currently using the machine next to me.
So I said, “You just used this machine before I came in?”
“Yes,” he replied.
"Well then, " I relied “Which machine are your clothes drying in?”
His painted on smile melted as he realized he had no way out of the lie and he switched to the whole dirty wai guo ren speech.

When he was finished ranting I said I would use the money to wash my clothes again to get my dirty wai guo ren stink out, smiled and shoved them in my pocket.

I figured long ago if you are going to be a liar you should at least be good at it, you know?

What a fuckin muppet.
:laughing:[/quote]
Everyday, I try to find someone to look up to, learn from, and admire on Forumosa. Today, it’s you, Shifty! :notworthy:

I can’t believe you are trying to embarass me like this. It was my money. I had already washed and dried those clothes and changed into them so I could wash the clothes I was wearing, which were in the machine that you saw.

I want my money. You can donate it to AnimalsTaiwan if you like.

[quote=“shifty”]Which machine are your clothes drying in?[/quote]Oh to have seen the look on his face. That’s a Kodak moment if ever there was one. :notworthy:

I try and smile or nod at Taiwanese who look my way as part of what I believe is a foreigners duty here to make ourselves looked kindly upon. Seriously tho, f’ck being polite in this case. Your politeness isn’t going to change this guy’s opinion of foreigners… I would have told him I was using the money to take his wife out on a date.

But your response was f’ing brilliant.

I think if I were in your position, my Chinese is nowhere near good enough to understand what he was saying, so I of course would have just pocketed the cash. Any aggression on his part could have resulted in a good decking (which I’ve never come close to doing in Taiwan) and everything would have been captured on film, including the fact that he hadn’t used that machine…

oooh myyyy goooood, you do know that laundering money is forbidden by law in Taiwan, shame on you, next we get a story in the ‘apple’ everyday keeps the doctor away paper about how foreigners laundering illegal money in Taiwan.

It was illegal money, was it? :whistle: :roflmao:

Unless it’s on his ARC that he can earn money that way, yes!

Smooooooooooooooooth. :notworthy:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]I can’t believe you are trying to embarass me like this. It was my money. I had already washed and dried those clothes and changed into them so I could wash the clothes I was wearing, which were in the machine that you saw.

I want my money. You can donate it to AnimalsTaiwan if you like.[/quote]

Tell you what if you can come up with a lie that a 3 year old can’t poke holes in, then I will give you the money as a graduation present from muppet to malcontent.

Otherwise I’m a keeping it!
:raspberry:

Great response, shifty.

Better that, though, than the hard lesson of a friend of mine years ago, who got paid about NT$70,000 in cash for a large translation job and then took his laundry to a shop to be washed…yep, it was in the pocket of his shorts, and he never saw it again. :frowning: If only they’ve had self-serve laundries in those days…