A good raw oyster bar?

I’ve hardly ever seen them eaten raw. That’s why I was surprised to see an oyster bar. Most local oysters are dangerous if not cooked.

2 Likes

Mmmm. Sydney rock oysters and Guinness. Or Champagne. Never tried it with whiskey, but I’ll give it a go one day.

Unfortunately, the only oysters available locally (Taiwan and Japan) are the big Pacific oysters, not the small and far more interesting varieties available in Australia, France, and New England. Unless you pay through the nose for air-freight French oysters.

1 Like

This is the nice quality one in Bellavita with imports and variety and champagne. But the whole floor was closed a couple months ago for remodeling so don’t know if they are still there.

OYSTER BAR 生蠔吧
No. 28號, Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, 110

Probably time to buy a few cases of oysters from France or Holland.

Sushi Express have started serving raw oysters. Problem is they aren’t chilled, so you have no idea how long they’ve been rolling around on the conveyor. I had one today and it was OK, but then the guy next to me had one and spat it out.

They probably should offer it, but only if someone orders it.

And before anyone replies with the obvious, yes, I know it’s Sushi Express.

1 Like

Had my first, very nice, oysters of the season. Small Japanese restaurant among all the others Linsen Bei Lu area. Air expressed from Japan.

3 Likes

I like Addiction Aquatic for raw oysters. It’s expensive but I trust the food.
I’m curious. What do others think of Addiction Aquatic?