A Good Read

I’ve been thinking about such a thread for . . . . OK; 2 minutes but it sounds like a good idea. Any to share?

I’ll start with “The Skeptics Guide to American History”. (found on Kindle and Audible.com)
Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford. Kindle and soft back. (A very fine read.) I have worn out 2 copies.
Cannery Row by Steinbeck. A great read and a great listen on just about every media that you can find. If you happen to stumble across the video, I’m on for a copy.
Any Jack London stories.
Some favorites that are easy to get is on Audible.com. One small fee gets you a crap load of stuff, very inexpensive and some free.
Librovox.com. It’s free and I have used it for the classics but I get tired of the change in narrators every chapter.
PLEASE! More?
I have over 350 titles from Audible and only wish I could share. I want more.

A most entertaining thread on some blog, spanning 4 years, and covering close to EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about money related conspiracy theories :smiley:

davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68297

There are unfortunately wads of unnecessarily reposted (and reposted and reposted and…) items, but if you know how to read “diagonally” and blank out stuff you’ve already seen, then it can be managed.

As regards the information you find there, i wouldn’t vouch that it is fit for any particular purpose, but if you are in the right mind you can find plenty of amusing stuff there and also some serious food for thought… just the right thread for people with a dumpster diver type personality (yes, i’ve got a mirror on the table i’m sitting at).

I’ll give it 3 out of 5 on the “A Good Read” scale and 5 out of 5 on the YMMV scale. :wink:

:bow: