A good tattoo artist - Kaoshiung

Yeah, I’m going for it, for the first time.

Quiestions for those experienced in this area:

1. Does it hurt a lot on the back area? (Around the shoulder blades.)
  2. Does it bleed a lot? (I’ve got low blood pressure, don’t know if it matters a lot.)
  3. Can it be done without doing the black outlining? (I just want red and orange.)
  4. Where can I find a good place in Kaoshiung to do it?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

:slight_smile:

There’s a great tattoo artist close to the Liohre (spelling?) Night Market. I’m not really sure if he’s still there, my wife and I got ours done there about 6 years ago. The guy doesn’t speak English (so it’s best to bring a Taiwanese friend or someone who can speak Chinese) and something very unique about him is that he only has 1 hand. He’s been featured in a lot of tattoo mags and is well known in Taiwan. We were both very happy with our tattoos and we recommend him.
His shop is not on the Liohre Night Market strip…but just around the corner. I’m sure if you asked some of the long-time Kaoshiung people, they’d be able to help you with directions.
Good Luck!

Carlos

THE most important thing to look for is that the tatoo artist has an autoclave. An autoclave is a kind of “oven” that the instruments are put into after use to sterilize them using heat. If they don’t have one, don’t get a tattoo there.

You can catch a lot of nasty diseases AIDS, Hepatitus etc… from a tattoo studio

Thanks guys, but can anyone shed some light on any of the questions in my first post?

Anybody who’s ever had a tattoo can answer my questions?

Hullo…
Does anyone know a good tattoo parlor in Kaohsiung city…?

[quote=“cdnmagic”]There’s a great tattoo artist close to the Liohre (spelling?) Night Market. I’m not really sure if he’s still there, my wife and I got ours done there about 6 years ago. The guy doesn’t speak English (so it’s best to bring a Taiwanese friend or someone who can speak Chinese) and something very unique about him is that he only has 1 hand. He’s been featured in a lot of tattoo mags and is well known in Taiwan. We were both very happy with our tattoos and we recommend him.
His shop is not on the Liohre Night Market strip…but just around the corner. I’m sure if you asked some of the long-time Kaoshiung (Gaoxiong) people, they’d be able to help you with directions.
Good Luck!

Carlos[/quote]

I’ve seen a tattoo parlor near the CASHBOX KTV (there is only one in Kaoh). I think it’s next to a Family Mart. That’s relatively close the the Lio hre Nigh Market. Is that the one you’re referring to?

The best guy I’ve seen in Kaohsiung is on Wufu by the night market. I think his name is Diu-An or something like that (sorry, it was a few years back). On the same side of the street as the MacDonalds, a few shops up from that. His shading and attention to detail is impeccable - I should know, he did one of mine. He does charge NT5000 an hour (as far as I remember), but believe me, it’s worth it.

you can go to xin jue jiang(新崛江) ,there has a variety of stores over there( including tatto stores )
almost taiwanese youger people like go there.
it’s on Xintian Rd(新田路) :laughing: