A Good Wife

i went to visit a friend at smith college once while i was in school. for those that don’t know, smith is one of the top all-female liberal arts schools in the us. also very very feminist and way on the left of the spectrum. northampton is also one of the most lesbian-friendly towns in the world. my friend showed me the yearbooks from the 50’s and 60’s. the yearbooks could best be characterized as “how to be a good homemaker and land yourself a rich yale man.” :smiley:

Subject: DATING

WHITE WOMEN:
First date: You get to kiss her goodnight.

Second date: You get to grope all over and make out.

Third date: You get to have sex but only in the missionary position.

IRISH WOMEN:
First Date: You both get blind drunk and have sex.

Second Date: You both get blind drunk and have sex.

20th Anniversary: You both get blind drunk and have sex.

ITALIAN WOMEN:

First Date: You take her to a play and an expensive restaurant.

Second Date: You meet her parents and her Mom makes spaghetti &
meatballs.

Third Date: You have sex, she wants to marry you & insists on a 3 carat
ring.

5th Anniversary: You already have 5 kids together & hate the thought of
having sex.

6th Anniversary: You find yourself a girlfriend.

JEWISH WOMEN:

First Date: You get dynamite head.

Second Date: You get more great head.

Third Date: You tell her you’ll marry her and never get head again.

CHINESE WOMEN:

First date: You get to buy her an expensive dinner but nothing happens.

Second date: You buy her an even more expensive dinner, Nothing happens again.

Third date: You don’t even get to the third date and you already realized
nothing is going to happen.

INDIAN WOMEN:

First date: Meet her parents.

Second date: Set the date of the wedding.

Third date: Wedding night.

BLACK WOMEN:

First Date: You get to buy her a real expensive dinner.

Second Date: You get to buy her and her girlfriends a real expensive dinner.

Third Date: You get to pay her rent.

Tenth Date: She’s pregnant by someone other than you.

MEXICAN WOMEN:

First Date: You buy her an expensive dinner, get drunk on Tequila, have
sex in the back of her car.

Second Date: She’s pregnant.

Third Date: She moves in. One week later: her mother, father, his girlfriend, her two sisters, her brother, all of their kids, her grandma, her father’s girlfriend’s mother, her two cousins, her sister’s boyfriend and his three kids move in and you live on rice and beans for the rest of your life in your home that used to be nice, but now looks like a home along the Rio Grande.

You gotta love those Irish Women…

:wink:

[quote=“lsieh”]Mexican WOMEN:

First Date: You buy her an expensive dinner, get drunk on Tequila, have
sex in the back of her car.

Second Date: She’s pregnant.

Third Date: She moves in. One week later: her mother, father, his girlfriend, her two sisters, her brother, all of their kids, her grandma, her father’s girlfriend’s mother, her two cousins, her sister’s boyfriend and his three kids move in and you live on rice and beans for the rest of your life in your home that used to be nice, but now looks like a home along the Rio Grande.[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That was one of the most humorous takes I’ve ever seen on dating a Mexican woman. lsieh, I believe you’ve got our women pegged… :notworthy: :bravo:

[quote=“lsieh”]Subject: DATING

[
BLACK WOMEN:

First Date: You get to buy her a real expensive dinner.

Second Date: You get to buy her and her girlfriends a real expensive dinner.

Third Date: You get to pay her rent.

Tenth Date: She’s pregnant by someone other than you.

:wink:[/quote]

while he didn’t leave anyone out, my defensiveness came up believing that BLACK women deserve better…

[quote=“lsieh”]Chinese WOMEN:

First date: You get to buy her an expensive dinner but nothing happens.

Second date: You buy her an even more expensive dinner, Nothing happens again.

Third date: You don’t even get to the third date and you already realized
nothing is going to happen. [/quote]

You are dating the wrong Chinese women… :unamused:

The post was from an email chain letter I got. I wasn’t the author but thought it was provocative enough to share. I know, I’m being a troublemaker, I can’t help :smiley: :wink:

Yeah the black woman comment was over-the-top and ridiculous. Interesting how some stereotypes seem to evolve and others don’t. I can’t wait to perfect my Chinese so I can hear about the Taiwanese stereotypes about whites, Indians, blacks, latinos, etc. By the way, my gal and I are arguing about something:

Do women travelers in general just not want to date locals as much as us males (my theory), or is it because the local men just don’t want to date Western women (her theory)?

One Taiwanese woman of my acquaintance told me that Taiwanese men don’t want to date foreign women because the men are afraid they won’t be able to satisfy the women sexually.

Wolf and some others might say, perhaps, that the only “good wife” is one who’s married to another man.

How to date:

FOREIGN WOMEN IN TAIWAN

Does anyone ever?

BLACK WOMEN IN TAIWAN

[no data has been reported in this category]

[quote=“ImaniOU”]How to date:

FOREIGN WOMEN IN TAIWAN

Does anyone ever?

BLACK WOMEN IN TAIWAN

[no data has been reported in this category][/quote]

Well… Black women in Taiwan… you see… the first step would be to find them… I only know of 2.

We’re pretty good at hiding. I think I can finally use my other hand to count off the number of black women I’ve seen here. Only took me three and a half years and travelling almost the entire island to be able to get to that point.

I hope it suffices to say that you constitute 50% of them.

The other night I saw another black woman. She was in Yong He. She was walking up Yung Jen Rd from Zhong He Rd toward Bau Ping Rd.

I almost wanted to go to her and say hello and ask her if she knew about “Forumosa”. I think Forumosa could be a good opening line. :eh:

One would think that there being fewer black women in Taiwan would up our statistics on dating.

Just goes to show that supply and demand are inversely proportional when it comes to dating in Taiwan…

There are tons of black women in Taiwan. They’re just not of African descent.

Filipinas and Indonesian babes aren’t exactly hot property on the dating scene in Taiwan, either.