A Great Story

Wow!

It is nice to read something positive for a change.

sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2343490

:bravo:

[quote=“Durins Bane”]Wow!

It is nice to read something positive for a change.

sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2343490

:bravo:[/quote]

Very cool.

Great story. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, good to hear some positive news for a change. Another good story is about Karl Malone helping out with the clean up after katrina. I thought that was quite inspiring.

Edit: By coincidence, I was checking out sportsfilter.com and saw a youtube video link to the first story here.

Thanks Durins Bane for the link and 4nr for the video. I’ll add another Wow!

I wish there were more news like this in the media instead of such a heavy focus on what’s wrong with the world and instead pointed their cameras at all that is right with it. Sigh. I’d actually start reading the news again if there were more positive stories.

My stepfather spent three months down south helping his brother’s company clear up the debris from the hurricane and they faced a lot of pressure from bigger companies. It’s amazing how easily people lose track of what they are supposed to do (help others) and focus only on what they want. There’s a lot of “What will I get out of this?” attitude out there. The FEMA response to Malone is only proof that face is not an exclusively Asian idea. They were wrong and they knew it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBYPaNc57Ik

Try not to well up watching this one. I love the crowd’s reaction when he gets basket. :slight_smile:

I’m BUMPing this because you’ll enjoy the vid. :wink:

The last link is down, so here’s a different report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fw1CcxCUgg&search=mcelwain

Just found the original report:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/23/earlyshow/main1339324.shtml

In light of the hatred growing throughout the Middle East, this man’s life story is worth a read. Jacob Deshazer was a bombardier on one of Gen. Doolittle’s B-25 Raiders that bombed Japan. His plane went down in 1942 and he was captured in Japanese occupied China. He was treated poorly, but forgave his captors and went on to become a missionary in Japan for the next 30+ years. It’s a good read if you have a few minutes to spare.

doolittleraider.com/raiders/deshazer.htm

[quote=“Stray Dog”]

Try not to well up watching this one. I love the crowd’s reaction when he gets basket. :slight_smile:[/quote]

:slight_smile: :notworthy: :bravo: :slight_smile: :notworthy: :bravo: :slight_smile: :notworthy: :bravo:

AWESOME!!! Tears in my eyes. Amazing story. That kid was on fire!!! It was amazing to see the whole gym rush the court at the end. Fantastic!!!

I forgot all about that vid, but I watched it again and the it sent tingles down my spine just as before and had me welling up once more.

It’s not just the kid who’s the star of that story; it’s his schoolmates - their support and reactions make the vid if you ask me.

We need more stories like this.

That kid is getting laid this summer. :laughing: ’

And Jordan is jealous. Expect him to return from retirement.

surprise ending

2 Likes