A guide to watching CNN (if u 'r not talanted)

CNN - a wonderful source in a privately owned constellation of fecal media streams feeding the American public (that’s, probably, why so many people there are so fat).
CNN tells you a story about English voters being passionate about American elections. Subliminal message - voting is important.
Read: all elections are shit - not because they own all the candidates, but because you - stupid people will be paying taxes and suffering as a direct outcome of voting.
CNN goes on and on about bad Syrians, - read: Syrians don’t own CNN :slight_smile:
CNN tells you how awfully poor, uneducated and dumb North Koreans are, - read: if you and your fellows decide to set up your own state somewhere in Philippines, just get a couple of Sun Burns from Russians and put a coupon in NY Times advertising a 10% discount on all plutonium bought before the end of the month.
Just remember - Left is Right
It all depends on which side you’d like to stand on

What?

I’m definitely not talanted.

Thanks for the guide, it’ll come in very handy when I set up my state in .ph!

[quote=“FUF”]CNN - a wonderful source in a privately owned constellation of fecal media streams feeding the American public (that’s, probably, why so many people there are so fat).
CNN tells you a story about English voters being passionate about American elections. Subliminal message - voting is important.
Read: all elections are shit - not because they own all the candidates, but because you - stupid people will be paying taxes and suffering as a direct outcome of voting.
CNN goes on and on about bad Syrians, - read: Syrians don’t own CNN :slight_smile:
CNN tells you how awfully poor, uneducated and dumb North Koreans are, - read: if you and your fellows decide to set up your own state somewhere in Philippines, just get a couple of Sun Burns from Russians and put a coupon in NY Times advertising a 10% discount on all plutonium bought before the end of the month.
It all depends on which side you’d like to stand on[/quote]

Wow! I’m going to nominate you for the original post of the minute award! :unamused:

[quote=“FUF”]CNN - a wonderful source in a privately owned constellation of fecal media streams feeding the American public (that’s, probably, why so many people there are so fat).
It all depends on which side you’d like to stand on[/quote]

Who watches CNN when there is Fox News, Cspan, VAO, and better yet the ABC from OZ or BBC World, or DW Germany, much better news services IMHO

[quote=“FUF”]
Read: all elections are shit - not because they own all the candidates, but because you - stupid people will be paying taxes and suffering as a direct outcome of voting.[/quote]So, if I don’t vote I don’t have to suffer or pay tax anymore?? :loco:

And if anyone in the States does watch CNN, it’s not the same crappy CNN they show in Taiwan.

And if anyone in the States does watch CNN, it’s not the same crappy CNN they show in Taiwan.[/quote]

Over here of course it’s CNN International… better to watch the Domestic Fox news to get an idea of what those right wingers are thinking… damn soon they’ll be telling you how to wipe your arse correctly… of course with approved toilet paper…

Cspan has a better coverage with less… how shall we put it… excitable presenters… I was watching the live debate on the Shiavo Bill… It’s always interesting to see politicians get involved in a judicial process… my betting is that the courts will overrule the congress…

Fox News as alternative to CNN? From one extreme to the next … :laughing:

In exactly what ways are Fox News and CNN extremes?

Well they’re both extremely shit.

Rascal’s post indicated two [different] extremes. I’m curious as to what exactly those two extremes are.

Fox is definitely at one extreme - rabidly, blindly pro-Conservative. We’re talking flag-waving, bumper-stickered-pickup-truck-driving, yeeehaw rabid. I personally wouldn’t put CNN at the other extreme though.

Rascal’s post indicated two [different] extremes. I’m curious as to what exactly those two extremes are.[/quote]Since when do 2 extremes have to be different ? If you started walking in one direction (to the right) and Rascal walked in the opposite direction (left), you would eventually end up together on the other side, in the same place, but far from where you started out, proving that these 2 opposite extremes are the same. Political opinion is not flat but a sphere, we know this because people don’t fall off at the edge.

Right … And next thing you gonna tell me is “the world is round” you fascist.

In exactly what ways are Fox News and CNN extremes?[/quote]
I’ve never seen Fox News and I don’t usually watch CNN International, but from what I’ve heard I would say that Fox News=Tigerman and CNN=Rascal.

Personally, I think I’d put the major US news channels on the spectrum something like this:

LEFT -------------------[color=blue]1[/color]----[color=green]2[/color]–[color=olive]3[/color]-------MIDDLE--------[color=red]4[/color]----------------------- RIGHT

1: [color=blue]CBS[/color]
2: [color=green]ABC[/color]
3: [color=olive]CNN, NBC[/color]
4: [color=red]FOX[/color]

Certainly I would add the caveats that: (i) determining the “middle” is inherently difficult and subjective, and (ii) it’s been a while since I watched any of these channels very often — so my opinion may be out of date.

I’d probably rate them something like this:

LEFT ---------------------------[color=blue]1[/color]–[color=green]2[/color]–[color=olive]3[/color]-MIDDLE------------------[color=red]4[/color]----[color=purple]5[/color]------[color=aqua]6[/color] RIGHT

5: [color=purple]WBCQ (Hal Turner show)[/color]
6: [color=aqua]Stormfront[/color]

[quote=“mofangongren”]I’d probably rate them something like this:

LEFT ---------------------------[color=blue]1[/color]–[color=green]2[/color]–[color=olive]3[/color]-MIDDLE------------------[color=red]4[/color]----[color=purple]5[/color]------[color=aqua]6[/color] RIGHT

5: [color=purple]WBCQ (Hal Turner show)[/color]
6: [color=aqua]Stormfront[/color]
[/quote]

So, per your reckoning, CNN and Fox News are not extremes, at least as far as the Left-Right line.

[quote=“Tigerman”]So, per your reckoning, CNN and Fox News are not extremes, at least as far as the Left-Right line.[/quote]They are if if you turn the line into a circle connecting the 2 ends, then CNN and FOX will be opposite each other on the circle. Don’t you listen to anything I say ?