A Happy Update(warning, nasty'before' shots)

Hey there

I just want to post some pictures of Happy. This boy was found by a friend of mine on Hsintien mountain…AnimalsTaiwan came to the rescue…and he was adopted by my flatmate a couple months later. This is what he looked like when he was found…

here he is hanging out with Arial…He could hardly walk…

and here he is today:)

I love how Sean said ‘he doesn’t bark or jump up’ on the AnimalsTaiwan diary. Happy can jump VERY high now…and he loves scratching his head with his ‘peg’ leg. He also barks a lot (protecting the 6 ladies that lives with him)

the best feeling!!! Happy swam to the rock and climbed up by himself!!

Thanks so much to Sean and everyone at AnimalsTaiwan who didn’t give up on this guy! Unfortunately he still fears Asian men…He is fine with foreigners, but gets quite barky and agressive when he sees Asian men, especially when they have umbrellas or sticks with them.(no need to explain why…the way he was hurt , the slice under his neck,slices on his back, previous broken leg)

Happy when we first found him (turn your speakers down; there was an alarm going off at the time): http://www.vidiLife.com/video_play_13571_Dumbo.htm

We originally named him Dumbo, because of his big ears.

The vets said he wouldn’t make it, but he did: http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_40502_Dumbo_Walking_renamed_Happy.htm

We had no choice but to rename him Happy, once he showed his true self.

The reward from knowing that he is in such a loving, lifelong home is indescribable - thank you! :slight_smile:

I just love these “before and after” stories.

Keep up the good work!

before I forget…Happy and his mom (and the little brown dog Kafka) is moving to Canada in Feb.

here is a pic of him scratching his head with his peg-leg.

and Happy with the ladieeezzzzz (excluding the 3 human females he lives with) Check out Little Bear…he thinks he’s a dog and loves picking fights!

Deloris(white one) and Kafka (brown pup) were strays. Sambuka (the Shiba Inu) was kept in a cage for a year and took about a year to walk normally. And Little bear was dumped in a box under a car.

I don’t think any of them would have made such a remarkable recovery/improvement if it wasn’t for the RAW diet. I can go find 2 X-rays of Sambukas hips…taken a year apart. It looks so much better.

(ok I’m signing off before I start sounding like a tele-sales lady!)

Well…that is one “happy ever after” story! Thanks for sharing. It is really heartwarming to know that there are people like you to help these poor animals. Bravo!!!

[quote=“lovedino”]It is really heartwarming to know that there are people like you to help these poor animals. Bravo!!![/quote]Let me echo that thought.

Great work to all involved. :bravo: :slight_smile:

It looks as if Happy may return to Taiwan:) August 2009. Will keep updating:)