A Less Than 10 hours/week Chinese Class?

Would someone like to start a Chinese class that meets less than 10 hours a week? I do not really want to go 2 hours a day 5 days a week.

I do not need a visa, but the schools say that most everyone that studies Chinese wants a student visa so their minimum class hours is 10 a week. They tell me to do one on one if I want to attend class less time. I think it is an excuse so that they can make more money but maybe they are correct.

Anyone here want to study for less than 10 hours a week. I am up for anything between 2 and 8 hours a week.

We can look around and check with all of the schools and find the right teacher. I found one at the Chinese Cultural University that was excellent, not sure if she has the time or not.

Hi Hobart,

I am also looking to learn Chinese and would be happy to join your class, as my work keeps me very busy and so I do not have much time for lessons. The best time for me is one or two (max) weekday evenings and any time over the weekend.

I am based in Hsin-Tien, but can travel into town - where is the Chinese Cultural University, or is the teacher you have found willing to travel?

How many people are you hoping to find for a class?

Cheers,
Gaynor

Just to let you guys know:

At TLI you can do as little as 2 hrs a week. 1 on 1 is 350 an hour and group class is 220. 2 people counts as a group, so I think it’s fairly economical.

Bri

The Roosevelt TLI currently has a few group classes three times a week, MWF, 7:30-9:30. That’s the only group I’ve been able to find that’s less than 10 hrs/week. It’s $10,000 for 3 months and the new term starts in December. They may cancel the classes if there aren’t enough people interested or they might start a new one if there’s enough interest (they need at least 3 students in the class) so contact them ASAP if you’re interested.

Hi CKVW,

I saw that MWF 7:30PM-9:30PM class at TLI before, but I cherish my Friday evenings too much to spend them in class.

Brian, regarding TLI, I will look into it. Thanks. It doesn’t matter to me if it is TLI or WenHua University, I just want a good teacher.

Gaynor, great, now we need maybe one or two more. I have to search the old thread where a few others were interested a while back. BTW, Have you ever studied Chinese before? How long have you lived in Taiwan? Argh. Here comes the other part about organizing a class…different levels of study.

I’m currently taking one-on-one classes at TLI, waiting for a new beginner group class to open up. I’m free Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri evenings after 7:00pm and I’m willing to take classes pretty much anywhere, as long as I can get there in time. Any chance we could all find something and study together?

i think that’s very easy to find a school to teach you. There are CLD, CLI, Pioneer, and others.
I heard that CLD is very bad, but i’ve never went there, so i dont’ know the truth. But they’re very very cheap is for sure. NTU sounds good and i like Shi Da too though there are some teachers are too old to teach and teach me something very old fashion. But they’re still nice.