A letter to taiwan

:cry:
Dear Taiwan,

I can’t begin to tell you how much I miss you. When we were together, I used to think that you weren’t good enough for me. I used to think you were dirty and backwards. I didn’t like the way you ate your food, the way you used to push in front of me to get in line. I hated the way you dressed, the way you smelled and the way you sounded. I hated your love of fire crackers and noise. I couldn’t stand your toilet habits. I hated everything about you. Little did I know how much I would miss you.

I miss walking hand in hand with you at 4 in the morning to buy beer at 7-11. I miss swimming in your warm waters. I miss your friendly, open arms. I miss the way you always got me where I wanted to go, on time - either by train, bus or plane. And, of course, I miss your cheque book.

Please take me back.

Your ungrateful ex

I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else. I didn’t do any of those things.

Dearest Taiwan

When I left you for your big cousin China I thought I would find something better. Ohh, how wrong I was and I how I regret leaving you. China is in so many ways familiar, but still a distant stranger in other ways. I have yet to feel her loving embrace that makes me feel the way I did when I was with you.

Leaving you was a mistake, so please don’t be angry. I hope that you will forgive me and accept me back.

And when I come back I will make sure your big cousin China doesn’t bully you. I will respect your independence.

Missing you always,
TB

mathewh wrote[quote]I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else. I didn’t do any of those things.[/quote]

No, no mistake[quote]I hated the way you dressed, the way you smelled and the way you sounded.[/quote] :sunglasses: .

Joking mate, chin up.