A list of uni's recognized by the MoE

I’m told that there is a (mythical?) list of universities in the US ( and others)
that are, or are not , acceptable to the MoE.

Does anybody have it or an url to it?

tks

mti

The only listings I am aware of are the books kept at the MOE. There is a set of maybe four to six books listing accepted Universities and Colleges for each of the countries which the MOE allows. I don’t know if this is publicly available information - I only saw it in a nasty confontation with the MOE official who had thrown one of the books at me, shouting that my University was NOT in the list. Turned out she had the wrong book. Canada is not spelled U.S.A. I won. :smiley:

Yes, the list exists but as to how accessable it is - I really don’t know - unless maybe you want to get into an all out war with the same woman so that she’ll throw the book at you too? :slight_smile:

[quote=“totallytika”]The only listings I am aware of are the books kept at the MOE. There is a set of maybe four to six books listing accepted Universities and Colleges for each of the countries which the MOE allows. I don’t know if this is publicly available information - I only saw it in a nasty confontation with the MOE official who had thrown one of the books at me, shouting that my University was NOT in the list. Turned out she had the wrong book. Canada is not spelled U.S.A. I won. :smiley:

Yes, the list exists but as to how accessable it is - I really don’t know - unless maybe you want to get into an all out war with the same woman so that she’ll throw the book at you too? :slight_smile:[/quote]

Shame that, now that the CLA is handling work permit applications and the list is at the MOE. :wink:

The list is not mythical at all. I have seen and used the database.

It is on a Chinese language site and entails typing in an area for a list of approved institutions in a determined city, or searching by individual institution names. It is actually quite a useful site.

Now the bad news! I have forgotten the URL. I will try and find it for you, but hopefully someone else will post it before I get it as it may take me some time. :blush: