A Look at What Really Caused the "Global" Economy Crisis

[rant]You know, you can look at it either way you want, but I think best is to go right to the root of the problem. People are selfish and they are greedy bastards. That’s it. That’s the one and only mother causing the economic crisis. Everything after that is just a long string of cause-and-effect which led us to create this wonderful world we live in.

Things are not going well by any means. But that’s not news. The whole hype about the world economy is making me crusty. People have been starving worldwide all these years we’ve all been chasing that good old American Dream. All of a sudden the shit hits the fan and people start pointing fingers. Well fucking done, humanity. Looks like some counseling is in order for that girl. [/rant]

marboulette

The economic system is unjust. The rich get richer and the poor, more middle-class…

It is worth noting, however, that people control the economic system but not the laws of economics.

The laws of economics are like the other laws of nature - basically, what goes in, comes out. Everyone sees that life is apparently unfair, but the trouble is that most people (yourself a notable exception, as may be) accept the given state of injustice as natural, since it is so ubiquitous.

The current paradigm of economic legislation assumes that some people have the right to ownership over what is not theirs. For example: the settlers in North America basically arrived one random day and decided that any given space which they could defend was theirs, as if by some kind of divine right of force - they could kill whom ever disputed or tried to rest there. Likewise, today certain nations whom happen to live over abundant oil reserves apparently think that oil is theirs, even though it was not the people who are alive today who made that oil. No nation ever made oil.

Yet the questions - who did make that oil? Whose land is that? Never arise, thanks to our assumptions of the corrupt natural state of the distribution of wealth.

I would like to suggest that you are not instinctively brought to the conclusion that no one owns this land or that oil, because you have already accepted the idea that certain people have the right to certain things (and the profits thereof) while other people do not.

So, despite your protest, you would be supporting the notion that some people deserve to profit from the fruits of the earth while the rest should pay for them.

[quote=“trubadour”]

So, despite your protest, you would be supporting the notion that some people deserve to profit from the fruits of the earth while the rest should pay for them.[/quote]That’s far fetched. All I said is that people are greedy bastards. It doesn’t matter what people own or do not own and who owns what. People are selfish greedy bastards, and that’s that.

marboulette

“Plus ca change…, plus c’est la meme chose…”