A-Mei Performing Free New Years Eve Concert Taitung 1/1/2021

Maybe in the stadium downtown? She’s done quite well for a small town girl.

1 Like

Sweet! Don’t expect the A-Mei of old. But wow back in the day could she ever bring it!

Guy

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

“Sisters” rocks!

Guy

Booked hotels, not cheap or easy to find.

Now need to find out if there is some kind of ticketing or entry requirement or just show up and line up.

Especially with covid they will want some kind of ID and tracking.

Considering 3 locations. Stadium, park beside stadium central, ocean side park.

1 Like

Around 120,000 visitors are expected to flood into Taitung on a daily basis, up from 100,000 on average during long holidays.

1 Like

Queen of Mandopop?

Do you have anyone else in mind?

Jesus I’d pay money not to see that. A-bao is where it’s at these days. Songs in the key of Paiwan.

Maybe Jolin Tsai, but I won’t bet on either one now.

As Da Bear noted, A-bao is amazing right now. But my goodness A-mei / Amit can still pull them in, with charter flights being scheduled to get her fans to Taidong!

Guy

Last month’s surprise announcement that the 48-year-old indigenous Puyuma diva will perform in a free concert in her hometown

Indigenous Puyuma diva? As opposed to a foreign Puyuma diva? Pet peeve: indigenous has become such a p.c. term that it gets thrown around without any thought.

I saw that yesterday with the new NZ foreign minister. She’s Maori. No need to call her indigenous.

1 Like

Seems like aboriginal has become a dirty word. It’s all indigenous now, except in Oz.

I understand they’ve apparently decided to hold the concert now at the park near ocean. I don’t yet know exact spot for stage.