A milestone for a Taiwanese boy

I would just like to announce that almost 3 months after our first meeting and his employee-discount every time I walk into his store and his knowing my drink by heart, my Starbucks barista has finally asked for my Facebook.

:unamused: :roflmao:

Ay-yooooooo It was like watching a very slow-paced soap opera :popcorn:
I guess it is no exaggeration, Taiwanese bois really are incredibly shy!

Cute! Fair play to him!

Gongxi. Wait another three months and he may even send you a friend request lah. At this rate, you will be dating properly by the time you are 50, married by the age of 70 and having kids before you hit 90 :slight_smile:

In another six months when he asks you out, are you interested are just going to stomp on the shy boy for the lulz?

[quote=ā€œLiliā€]I would just like to announce that almost 3 months after our first meeting and his employee-discount every time I walk into his store and his knowing my drink by heart, my Starbucks barista has finally asked for my Facebook.

Ay-yooooooo It was like watching a very slow-paced soap opera :popcorn:
I guess it is no exaggeration, Taiwanese bois really are incredibly shy![/quote]

Progress indeed ! :sunglasses:

Ai-yo. The reason he took so long is because you havenā€™t been punching him really hard at every opportunity and complaining about how heā€™s so annoying in the squeakiest hello-kitty voice you can muster. This is the standard method for letting a guy know you like him.

[quote=ā€œLiliā€]I would just like to announce that almost 3 months after our first meeting and his employee-discount every time I walk into his store and his knowing my drink by heart, my Starbucks barista has finally asked for my Facebook.

Ay-yooooooo It was like watching a very slow-paced soap opera :popcorn: I guess it is no exaggeration, Taiwanese bois really are incredibly shy![/quote]

Thats Bismarck for you. :smiley:

Or you could just have given him your fone number. Gotta remember TW girls are not only outgoing now but aggressive. They chase guys on the wan .

Youā€™ve finally figured out why so many expats stay here. :thumbsup:

Look on his Facebook for something that heā€™s interested in, and organize a few friends (preferably another guy and a girl - not too many) to go out to something that heā€™d seem to like. Then invite him along next time you go to Starbuckā€™s (he can practice his English! Donā€™t mention that you already know that he likes that sort of thingā€¦). Now you have each otherā€™s phone numbers.

Yeah, Taiwanese ā€˜group dateā€™ for the first few times @.@;; It ā€˜takes off the pressureā€™ or something.

p.s. If I were you I would also casually mention that you hardly ever have your phone on or something, just in case heā€™s going to start calling you every 10 minutes because ā€˜thatā€™s what youā€™re supposed to doā€™ (yes, there are men that think that here. LOTS of them. Itā€™s such an instant turn-off @.@; But it is learned behavior that can be unlearned if you catch it early enough, i.e. before he does it. Maybe a conversation about this creep who called you all the time would be a better, more direct hint).

I donā€™t have a phone.

Andā€¦
I thought he didnt have a girlfriend. I specifically remember a brief convo about this, but his Facbook says ā€œin a relationshipā€ but no name.

[quote=ā€œLiliā€]I donā€™t have a phone.

Andā€¦
I thought he didnt have a girlfriend. I specifically remember a brief convo about this, but his Facbook says ā€œin a relationshipā€ but no name.[/quote]

He probably means YOU are his girlfriend. You have to marry him now he has you on facebook. :smiley: Thatā€™s internet LAW!

I totally want to date a Starbucks barista during the holiday season. I frickinā€™ love their Christmas coffees!

if it says ā€œin a relationshipā€, does it also say ā€œinterested inā€ as well? If that isnā€™t mentioned, could be heā€™s gay.

Perhaps if he marries you he will have a mill stone around his neck? :smiley:

Look through his photos and see if thereā€™s any where heā€™s being really close with someone. Lots of photos of faces squished together or hugs.

Taiwanese boys :serenade: are actually only ever after one thing :howyoudoin: .

Which is practicing their English.

Try not to take it personally.

Practicing their English? It always somehow ends up being done in Chineseā€¦ or Taiwaneseā€¦

Nope, they are looking for a strong independent woman. A woman who respects equality and isnā€™t afraid to be like Hillary Clinton and carrry her man.

^^^^ Need a girl to do this to me in TW. Walk about 10 feet and Iā€™m impressed.