A moving video on Neutering AND another rubberband dog

I watched this video: youtube.com/watch?v=PYBz2gjl … ed&search=

Which had me near tears…then directly after watching it…I came here and read about [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/best-girl-that-ever-did-was-has-joined-the-universe/31940/1 MOSS’s dog[/url] having to be put down. And then I really was howling…geez.

The above video just goes to show how much unseen negligence there is in America…and all countries I’m sure.

I liked the quote about how for every single dog that dies…there is a person somewhere that is directly responsible for that death. And I hope that Karma gets paid out in the end.

Oh and speaking of people causing the death of dogs…some are more directly at fault than others: youtube.com/watch?v=XFpGIDpGQeY

<EDIT: If you aren’t going to read this whole thread then you should check out this other vid now…it’s a follow up to the one directly above this: youtube.com/watch?v=X2MLmOYNZZ0 >

Man thats terrible :frowning:

Saw heaps of stray dogs since arriving a few days ago. Really want to do something to help, so plan on donating to AnimalsTaiwan.org as soon as I find a job…

That poor dog…wow… :frowning:

Mordeth, I can get that rubberband dog today. Please call me ASAP: 0920 620 109.

Sean

Stray dog to the resuce! :bravo:

I have the utmost admiration for the local expats that do something to help out the poor street dogs here. It breaks my heart every time I see one…

On the other hand, have also seen some spoilt little ‘paris hilton’ type fashion accessory dogs here too. One girl at the night market tonight was feeding her pocket dog food straight from her mouth. It was obviously too hot for the pampered pooch to eat :s

Why not head out to the place? It’s easy to get there by MRT or drive (if you live in Taipei)

I have ben up there on saturday and sunday the last 2 or 3 week’s.

The dogs like people to come and be with them and take them for a walk. If you did not find someone special walkin those dog’s in weelchair or with only 3 legs is a good way to get atention :laughing:

Anyone who wants to walk some of my dogs is welcome to do so (near Minquan West Road MRT station, Taibei City).

Pubba - You are in Xinzhuang, aren’t you? I noticed there are more stray dogs around in Banqiao (also in Taibei County, just across the river from Xinzhuang) than in Taibei City. More publicity about neutering is definitely called for. Does Taibei County subsidise neutering and spaying like Taibei City does?

Yes Xinzhuang is my base here in Taipei, but Im heading to Taichung tomorrow. Will definitely head out to the animal shelter when I return and work out how to use the MRT by myself. Its not rocket science, I know - so it should be soon after I return to Taipei.

I miss my dogs back home so much… Was in banqiao earlier today at my friends 7/11 and saw a haggard, mangy old dog trying desperately to scratch his back on the road. It really got to me… Maybe its the culture shock kicking in, but my eyes filled with tears when I saw that…

Another healthier looking stray let me pat him and give him a scratch behind the ears, and then promptly got a kick in the guts by the old witch across the street with a food vending cart :frowning:

Will definitely include a weekly trip to the animal shelter if I end up settling here in Taipei. Is there a similar place in Taichung?

Any sign, Mordeth?

We got the dog!

Off to the vet now, and will give update later.

Big thanks to Mordeth for waiting so long for me to get there. :notworthy:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]We got the dog!

Off to the vet now, and will give update later.

[/quote]

I think this is later so how is the dog?

He is bewildered! :laughing:

His neck has been glued (a new approach we’re trying out) to prevent infection, and he has been neutered and vaccinated. I’ll post some pics soon.

We have no room at the holding centre, so he’ll be put back soon (nearby, but in a safer area). I think he’ll be happier away from people.

Well done Mordeth and good on you, Stray Dog.

What is a rubberband dog?

Is it a dog that is a victim off human perversion by having a rubberband around a part off he’s body?

[quote=“Stian”]What is a rubberband dog?

Is it a dog that is a victim off human perversion by having a rubberband around a part off he’s body?[/quote]
There are a good many nice folks here who think it’s helpful to put rubber bands around a dog’s neck or snout. They can take months to die of infection or starvation. It’s not isolated cases, but is in fact pretty common.

The glue’s a good idea, though – that’s what superglue was originally invented for isn’t it?

[quote="sandmanThere are a good many nice folks here who think it’s helpful to put rubber bands around a dog’s neck or snout.[/quote]

Helpfull to make the dog die I supose or is it some other stupid reason?

Helpfull to make the dog die I supose or is it some other stupid reason?[/quote]
Sorry Stian, I forgot you’re not a native speaker and might not get the irony. By “helpful” I mean “funny” and by “nice” I mean “dirty fucking trash scumbag mouth-breathing subhumans.”
Except some people feel I should not be allowed to say those things about Taiwanese people.

I don’t have a good pic of the young dog yet, as he’s a bit shy, but I took some pics of his injury while he was on the operating table. Here’s what I got so far:

He’s a nice dog, with soulful eyes, but is very wary of people. I’m glad Mordeth spotted him and took the time to help with the rescue, as I’d hate to see the injury get infected - that’s a horrific way to die.

I’ll get some more pics soon, and hopefully some of him being freed in ten days’ time.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

This has just turned a miserable day into a much better one. Im so happy that you guys rescued this poor dog :slight_smile:

You have my utmost admiration…

I have an issue here where I am staying in Taichung - have sent you a pm, stray dog - hope you can give me some advice…

Helpfull to make the dog die I supose or is it some other stupid reason?[/quote]
Sorry Stian, I forgot you’re not a native speaker and might not get the irony. By “helpful” I mean “funny” and by “nice” I mean “dirty fucking trash scumbag mouth-breathing subhumans.”
Except some people feel I should not be allowed to say those things about Taiwanese people.[/quote]

I did not belive for one second that you mean really helpfull. Offcourse it had to be irony.

5000 year old culture, they are so way ahead of us :loco:

Well done guys. Nice to see mordeth keeps his eyes open and his camera on, and nice to see that SD once again stepped in and saved the day… Saved a life, I should say. :notworthy:

Do you mind me asking how you caught that dog? Pm if you’d like. The poor thing looked pretty difficult to approach.