A particular motorcycle

Right now I’m getting around on a scooter, but I’d like to have a motorcycle to travel around with. I don’t like the large bikes that a lot of foreigners have. Instead, I’d like to get one that’s a little smaller that a lot of younger Taiwanese guys cruise on. I don’t know exactly how else to describe it. Anyone know if these bikes have a particular name? I saw a bike for sale, a SYM Legend, that sounded like the kind of bike I’m talking about. Anyone know of any other brands and models that might fit what I’m looking for? Thanks.

[quote=“djm409”]Right now I’m getting around on a scooter, but I’d like to have a motorcycle to travel around with. I don’t like the large bikes that a lot of foreigners have. Instead, I’d like to get one that’s a little smaller that a lot of younger Taiwanese guys cruise on. I don’t know exactly how else to describe it. Anyone know if these bikes have a particular name? I saw a bike for sale, a SYM Legend, that sounded like the kind of bike I’m talking about. Anyone know of any other brands and models that might fit what I’m looking for? Thanks.[/quote]Yes, the bike you mean is probably the SYM Legend. There are lots available second-hand now, though they’re not terribly expensive new – around 45,000 if I remember rightly. They’re not bad and can certainly get you round the island. Pillion seat’s a bit cramped though.

Another bike you might consider is the Hartford HD150. A little bigger but arguably better and still very easy to handle.

Have a look at the various discussions of these bikes on the “Vroom, vroom” forum.