A poll for the people affected by the strict border restrictions

I am a foreigner and I am totally against the actual border restrictions and the quarantine system.

Open the borders at least to families, friends, students and other groups whose life is based in Taiwan, with or without ARC. Bring back home quarantine immediatly. If you have a place to stay, forcing you to pay hotel is absolutely unfair, and putting you in those jails called government facilities is just inhuman.

3 Likes

I didn’t even for my two brand-new ARCs when I came here from out of the country. You are simply wrong.

I’m not wrong. Most foreigners have to for a variety of different reasons. Secondly, you’ve been a member here for seven years. Rules and regs change. For most people coming in, they have to get the health check.

Can I ask what kind of ARC did you get? Cause this isn’t the experience most foreigners have.

1 Like

I have no desire to ‘censor’ anyone willy nilly.

Secondly, this is just a picture, one that could be faked or with a fake story. You’ve provided no backup for this pic. Where is it, who is it, what is it? Do you have a source?

3 Likes

I have a friend who teaches here who didn’t need a health check to get his ARC because he has a teaching credential.

There are no long term effects. The vaccines are stored in oils that the body destroys. One of which occurs naturally in the lungs as a protective membrane. The oils are used to protect the messenger RNA of which is used to teach your body about the virus for its eventual encounter.

That’s it. They’re oils.

1 Like

Then go to your country and visit your family. What’s stopping you?

Are you going to a hotel or going to a government facility?

I’d like to quarantine at home as well. But I can see their reasoning, someone with delta, leaving their house in a building full of unvaccinated people could be catastrophic. Blame the lady in Kaohsiung.

Hopefully we’ll get more vaccines soon and be relatively protected enough to open up.

5 Likes

Different nationalities and different ARC types are treated differently. The Gold Card, for example, does not require a health check. People from most Southeast Asian countries have to take more thorough tests a compared, for example, to Europeans. But @Marco is not wrong because I myself had to take a health check when I received my first (Student) ARC years back. It was the policy back then. Not sure about now.

Just for the records @OliviaLinToo : I am not saying that you are wrong, either. There must be a reason why me and @Marco were required to take a health check and you were not.

3 Likes

As far is I know, maybe I am wrong, you can have a residence visa or family visa, but not ARC. If your girlfriend is in other country, she can’t come here. So what you say doesn’t work.

I was in a government facility, it was horrible. They trasfer us to an hotel, for free. But we are an exception.

We can’t be paying for other’s mistakes. Specially if like me have to go back and forth to my country two times every year. Have to. It is not tourism.
It’s extremly expensive to pay the hotels. My kids and I did home quarantine before, we didn’t go out, like I suppose 99.99% of the people in quarantine.

So as you see. Not everyone has such an easy life or easy solution for the problems the quarantine and border controls are provoking on people’s life.

I had to take it for student AND work. both from outside the country.

In Taiwan, visas are only for entering. You bring your residence visa and reason for stay to the National Immigration Agency to receive an ARC within fifteen days of entering. Though that would mean after release from quarantine now.

If she has a residence visa, she is free to enter and get an ARC.

No. You can’t enter without ARC now.

1 Like

If she has a valid resident visa. She can enter.

Secondly I said originally that you are free to leave Taiwan temporarily to go visit your family as well.

For my ARC the TECO website was confusing, so I called and asked, and was eventually transferred to someone who told me I had to get a medical checkup form that includes MMR vaccination. I still have a blank copy, so your call of bullshit is bullshit.

That said, when I went to the TECO to submit my paperwork I brought everything I could think of them possibly asking for and said I wasn’t clear on what was needed. The woman at the window who’s job was to receive my documents also said she didn’t know what documents I needed to submit. She declined to take the medical form and accompanying test results that I had completed because someone else in the same TECO had said it was necessary.

1 Like

I’m quite sure this is correct. They aren’t issuing new visas, though, but if she has one she should be able to come in and get an ARC.

2 Likes

There are so many situations without solution under the new border rules.

“Visit your family”?
Man, if my kids’ ARC get lost while in Europe it would take months to get a residence visa. You have to ask a lot of documents to your own country, it takes at least weeks, last time it took me 4 months, translate everthing, apply…

The consecuences of the border rules and quarantine are really impactful in a negative way for many many people and what you pretend are solutions sounds to me like a bad joke.

It seems to vary depending on nationality (or perhaps the rules changed over time). I haven’t had an MMR and nobody ever asked me to get it.

You replied to the wrong poster, but since you replied to me I will point out that if your kids lose their ARC while in Europe, much like losing a passport, that is a shame but totally their fault (and possibly the fault of their parents for raising such careless children). The inconvenience of documents and the time taken is not a surprise, it is a reason to be careful with important documents that are difficult to replace.

Perhaps, but this isn’t limited to Taiwan. Also, you might not have heard, but there is a global pandemic and Taiwan is very wise to control their border as they do. Better safe than sorry, keep that delta outta here.

1 Like

Well, as per my story it seems to depend based on who you ask (I’m learning this is a part of how things work in Taiwan; if you don’t like the answer you get, try asking someone else!)…

Yes, the rules may well change from day to day or desk to desk :slight_smile:

1 Like