A pool where I can swim laps year round in Taichung

anyone know? I’m in Dali city and fairly new to town but I am resourceful and have friends who are longtime residents. Money is no object within reason, I feel swimming for exercise is something I want to make a priority.

no ideas? I was thinking maybe I could go to a hotel that has one and work out a deal with the manager.

I got a tip there is a fitness center with an indoor pool near Wenxin road in the Daya area kinda, gonna gather more info and check it out!

What’s wrong with an outdoor pool? Weather’s good enough in Taichung for all year round. Can get u the addresses of 2 ok ones if you’re interested.

ya I would love to know where they are if they are open this time of year, thanks

水世界- xue shi jie- Water World
Business Address: Yumen Rd Taichung, Taiwan 370, Alley 16, Lane 33
營業電話: 04-24636866 Sales Tel: 04-24636866
本頁網址: 0424636866.travel-web.com.tw/
電子信箱: swimmingtree@yahoo.com.tw

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://0424636866.travel-web.com.tw/&ei=V0jKSeanF6CSsQPmgsmACA&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E6%25B0%25B4%25E4%25B8%2596%25E7%2595%258C%2Btaichung%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:zh-TW:official%26hs%3DSep%26sa%3DG

There is another one at #1106 Zhong Ming South Road. Both are quite close to Dali.

Nuit: Do you really swim outside in the winter? :noway:

If the pool is heated then the air temperature doesn’t matter, except that an outdoor pool is quite expensive to heat in cold weather. I am from Michigan in the USA so the air temp here in the winter doesn’t really bother me.

thanks for the addresses, I will check them out and hopefully be doing some 500m lap sets soon!

I doubt they are even open during the winter months. Don’t forget your swim cap pal :sunglasses:

but the one you posted is an indoor pool and open year round, right?

do you happen to know what kind of facilities they have for swimming laps or nautilus?

Yeah they’re both indoor and open year round. Not sure about the facilities, but lots of good pics and info on that link.

I was thinking about that outdoor pool in Zhongshan Park, behind the Zhongshan Tang Hall on Shuang Shi (Double Ten) Road. Forget the pool’s name, but it’s fine and long and good for lap swimming. Plus it’s a nice place just to hang out in when not doing laps, if the tunes are good.

It does have a rep for being a gay hang-out, which may either not bother, encourage, or deter you.

I’m not bothered by homosexuals although I have noticed they tend to be a bit more forward with their advances here than in North America.

is that outdoor pool open this time of year?

It’s def open now. Might even be all year round, tho not 100% on that.

ima try to make my way there tomorrow and do some 250M’s at least, thanks for the help

Hey man,

guess what, today is your lucky day mate. I live in Taichung Dali, there is an indoor pool just behind my sister’s house called “lai Lai” or something like that. There is another pool, about 15 minutes from my property on scooter which has 2 25m pool (I think). The one behind my sister’s house has got 2 indoor pools as well, but one of them is in some odd distance which i still haven’t figured it out yet, but if it’s 25m pool (but it’s a bit longer) I did 1.4k today chucked into some flys, backstroke and freestyles. Don’t expect too much from a taiwanese pool, because you swim up on the right instead of left and down on the left. I think this has been really confusing for me and still can’t get use to it. Try not ot go during the peak hour because there is no such thing as fast lane or medium lane, it’s pretty much you get yourself a lane and off you go.

Anyway, I try to go there (lai lai) between 5 and 6:30pm to get away from the oldies and illegal slow swimmers in my lane. No one so far can pass me and I am not a swimmer at all so I am pretty proud of my swimming ability.

Cheers.

[quote=“whitetiger”]水世界- xue shi jie- Water World
Business Address: Yumen Rd Taichung, Taiwan 370, Alley 16, Lane 33
營業電話: 04-24636866 Sales Tel: 04-24636866
本頁網址: 0424636866.travel-web.com.tw/
電子信箱: swimmingtree@yahoo.com.tw

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://0424636866.travel-web.com.tw/&ei=V0jKSeanF6CSsQPmgsmACA&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E6%25B0%25B4%25E4%25B8%2596%25E7%2595%258C%2Btaichung%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:zh-TW:official%26hs%3DSep%26sa%3DG

There is another one at #1106 Zhong Ming South Road. Both are quite close to Dali.

Nuit: Do you really swim outside in the winter? :noway:[/quote]

Hey :slight_smile: i’m also quite interested in this…as it turns out the swimming pool at my apartment is closed until summer…for some crazy reason :loco: (it was 24 or 25 degrees today as well!)

Problem is your link above to the waterpark…it is NT$250 for entry for adults. Bit on the expensive side no? Is that average price??

You mention another one at Zhong Ming South Road ? is that in Nan or Xi district (both have that address) Hopefully in Nan district as that is a bit closer.

Anyone else know of any other swimming pools (either outdoor that are open in the winter or indoor) in Dali area (i live about half way down Sec 2. ZhongXing Road)

There is one close to Da-Li. => dongfeng.com.tw/
NT$100 per person.