A research: Tourism Experience in Taiwan

Hello,

My name is Rose, a college student from I-Shou University, Taiwan.

I’m working on a tourism research for National Science Council.

And I’m desperately looking for foreign friends who’d like to share their tourism experiences in Taiwan.

So that we could do something good and create a better tourism environment for you.

The results will be released on National Science Council.

If you are interested in,
Please click the survey link below:

mysurvey.tw/s/8tg7s5cJ

I appreciate for your participation
and hope you enjoy staying in Taiwan!

Best Regards,

Hi, Rose:

Welcome to Forumosa!

You may need to revise your survey if you wish to gain responses from those who read this forum. Most people on Forumosa live in Taiwan (or have lived here), so questions such as “Please list the places where you have traveled during this trip” are difficult to respond to in a way that might be useful for you.

Although most foreigners on Forumosa aren’t tourists in Taiwan, that doesn’t mean they lack thoughts on tourism here. For example, see the current thread Why is Taiwan not popular among Australian and Indian tourists?. Searching this site for “tourism” may give you additional ideas.

Best of luck.

Also, asking for multiple destinations and then asking questions like “the destination had a unique infrastructure” will not get you any meaningful data. I would put down “Taipei, Kaohsiung, and Taitung” for my last trip to Taiwan, but obviously the infrastructure situation is far different in these three places.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]Hi, Rose:

Welcome to Forumosa!

You may need to revise your survey if you wish to gain responses from those who read this forum. Most people on Forumosa live in Taiwan (or have lived here), so questions such as “Please list the places where you have traveled during this trip” are difficult to respond to in a way that might be useful for you.
[/quote]

I agree. I tried to answer the survey but I travel in Taiwan so much that I can’t really talk about a “recent trip” as I continuously travel Taiwan. I’m just back from two weeks to many many places between Xitou National Forest, Tainan, Chiayi, Nankunhen, Anping, sunset beach, Chaotiengong, an amazing French Restaurant in Chaiyi… temples, and beaches, and restaurants, and tea houses, and mountaintop coffee shops… and many cities and counties between there and Taipei. Driving and taking trains and buses and taxis and renting bikes and riding scooters…

Since then I’ve spent last weekend checking out Yingga Porcelain region, and even today just visited the Tunghua Night Market. I could give a lot of input about many places, as could many foreigners here in Taiwan, but the survey doesn’t really ask the questions correctly.

The survey would be helpful if you would select the city or region or attraction for us (not a recent trip) and then let people make comments on their opinion of the city or region or attraction as a tourist.

Also, your survey seems to be somewhat self-fullfilling towards a certain result, instead of an unbiased result.

Good luck!

Ya think? :loco:

The NSC should really be able to afford someone who has training in writing surveys. I am not busting the OP – she’s doing the best she can, and was probably tapped because of her English skills. But there’s more to writing a valid survey than putting together a few sentences and checkboxes.

I thought it was OK. The “image” questions were a little confusing. It’s definitely better than most of the surveys that get posted here, and it’s always nice to be asked :slight_smile: