A Review of Alexander Academy in Taipei (both locations)

I have to say I’m skeptical of the string of lengthy complaints we’ve seen about this school over the years, not only in this thread. Who can say for sure, but it’s odd.

How did you know it was the father ?

The student would come into school crying talking about her father had “gotten angry” and would “hurt” her before class or school. And she would complain about going home at the end of the day because she was worried about her father picking her up.

Does anyone have any updates on Alexander Academy as of Sept 2021?

No, but I recently got a job offer from this place as a part time english teacher. I just graduated highschool this year and did an interview yesterday. The pay is 400nt/hr. Its my first job so I think its pretty decent, but the stuff written above is giving me second thoughts. Haven’t signed the contract yet.

I’m confused…I thought you needed a college diploma to get a work visa…?

1 Like

I guess he/she is Taiwanese. 400 sounds good, but if they are like my place, they will be having you do the same as a regular experienced worker. They get you in with words like intern, assistant etc but you will have a lot of responsibilities. That 400 won’t feel so good then.

1 Like

Yeah I’m Taiwanese and the job they offered me is a part time teacher around 12 hours a week + 2 hours of prep at 200/hr. I’m not sure about the other obligations included in the job, but thanks for the advice.

if you are expected to teach for 12 hours, I would bank on doing at least 6 more depending on how much hwk, helping kids after class, talking to parents you have to do.

If the money still seems ok after thinking about that, go for it. Maybe you won’t have to do much extra.

Your English is excellent so don’t sell yourself short.

My english it at a native level but I don’t have teaching experience or any other job experience, so I might as well give it a try.

1 Like

They’re robbing you. Demand more.

My bad my phrasing is shit its 400 per hour but the prep is 200 per hour.

1 Like