A simple (ATM) banking question

I already searched the archives. Is there a better bank to choose from if all I want is an ATM card?

I’d like to be able to deposit money at machines,not get charged for withdrawing money and good machine locations. That’s about it. Anyone’s help would be appreciated.

It’s NT7 a pop for a withdrawal.

That’s just US$0.20. In the states they’re US$2.00.

Some banks don’t charge if you use their ATMs. Which ones? i don’t know.

[quote=“Alleycat”]It’s NT7 a pop for a withdrawal.

That’s just US$0.20. In the states they’re US$2.00.

Some banks don’t charge if you use their ATMs. Which ones? i don’t know.[/quote]

Chang Hwa Commercial Bank (the red and yellow one) doesn’t charge if you use their machines. CHCB is state-run (good and bad), but they are located all over the place (good).

hey,

that’s where my pay goes!!!

I’m with Huanan Yinhang, and they don’t charge for ATM withdrawal. I can also remit money via ATM (charge around 20 NT as opposed to 30 NT if I go to the bank myself). I’m quite satisfied with the locations, as I have one in my office building and one not far from where I live. I think there are plenty more all over Taipei.

HTH
Iris

I have accounts with Chinatrust and Chang Hwa Bank. Neither charges for withdrawls from their own ATMs and it’s only NT$7 from other bank’s ATMs (as mentioned above).

I recommend Chinatrust because their branches are open until 7pm, seven days a week so it is very convenient if you need to deposit money or do some other over the counter business.

Taipei Bank. Many, many ATMs on this island - or at least in Taipei I should say …

A bit dated mode of operation (passbook etc) but works well. Check if you need to do internation transfers, not all banks do this I think.