A small mod doubled my scooter's acceleration...seriously

Yep, just got them fitted today. My scooter now accelerates about twice as fast. And has a higher top speed. Or at least is able to maintain its top speed much easier. So what is this wonder mod? Well…hand grips that don’t slip. Haha. My old ones started slipping from this rain we’ve been having…made it difficult to accelerate when the throttle was slipping shut underneath the grip. Hehe.

I discovered that same mod just a few weeks ago. Works for motorbikes too. :laughing:

That’s a good one…especially on the Cygnus…The original ones become like slippery fish in your hands when they get a bit wet! :noway:

I change the grips on my FZR regularly. The current set (throttle) has a tendency to slip in an off-wards trajectory. Just a little bit. Any tips on how to make it stay put? I used to use a little hair spray when I was a bicycle fanatic…

I’ve heard hairspray is the handgrip wonder tool. It’s slippery when wet…to help remove grips…and when it dries it’s sticky…to help keep them on.

half right… hair spray is the tried and trusted means to get new gips on and get them to stay where you put them, but for getting grips off you need a hairdryer and saint like patience… (perhaps a whiff of WD40 if they’re being petulant and you havn’t reached the “f*ck it where are the scissors” phase)

Before too long I’m going to have to replace my GS’s grips and they are electrically heated from underneath the grip rubber and one wrong move can sever the resistors… It’s a high stress, finicky bitch of a job that I’m not looking forward to… but I read somewhere you can double your acceleration by doing it :wink:

I go faster if I remove the empty pi jo bottles from under my seat…and I also like the streamling effect of ducking my head down and making airplane noises…

just kidding…my pi jo empties go immediately back to 7-11 for deposit return

Mordeth and I have a club for this. We will let you join if you ask nicely. Meetings at 10 o’clock sharp every Sunday morning at the patch of wasteground near where Mordeth lives.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“joesax”] Even a bicycle as long as you make a vrooming noise when you ride it.
[/quote]

I do that on my 50cc scooter sometimes. I’ll make noises like I’m driving an F1 car. Everytime I come to a slow stop I’ll screech as if I’m locking up the brakes…etc.

I get some odd looks though. :help:[/quote]Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English

I’m a small mod, but I swear I didn’t double Mordeth’s acceleration. Seriously.

Mordeth and I have a club for this. We will let you join if you ask nicely. Meetings at 10 o’clock sharp every Sunday morning at the patch of wasteground near where Mordeth lives.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“joesax”] Even a bicycle as long as you make a vrooming noise when you ride it.
[/quote]I do that on my 50cc scooter sometimes. I’ll make noises like I’m driving an F1 car. Everytime I come to a slow stop I’ll screech as if I’m locking up the brakes…etc.
I get some odd looks though. :help:[/quote]Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English
Cool…I can do F1 sounds also. And ideling(sp?) Harley sounds. I can also do helicopter and large transport airplane sounds pretty good too.

When got chased by Iris Hstu, I seemed to able to go faster as if by willpower alone. And she’s quite petite.

I also can add 2 - 5 kmh by wearing my swimming cap…

The Cowboy wrote [quote]I also can add 2 - 5 kmh by wearing my swimming cap…[/quote]

That’s nothing. I can add 10km by shaving my body, covering myself in olive oil, and riding naked except for a lubricated condom. opps, sorry for that mental image so close to dinner time.

My money is on you for this years Taipei - Ping Tung Island 'Scooter Race and Beer Tasting sponsored by TTL or whoever the heck they are…