A sweet Caribbean (Heiren) hoping for some sweet love one day

The title says it all, though it is admittedly quite frivolous.

In all seriousness, given the last major event I participated here was the demographic poll of Taiwan dwellers, I wanted to know if someone like me (Heiren) would be someone worth considering to an average Taiwanese woman. Want to gauge how potentially easy/difficult getting into dating would be, if possible.

I ask this knowing nothing about them, I doubt Taiwanese Americans count but I believe I have appeared attractive to some. I am a good looking guy who dresses well, and I am curious mostly because of the (apparent, again just assuming) pedestal (preference?) and exploitation of ā€œwhite skinā€ on the islandā€¦ thatā€™s what I have been hearing, at leastā€¦

And yes I feel very wrong appearing to make sweeping generalizations but I hope you can understand, it is rare I can receive relatable accounts on this topic like most of you may here so it would be a great help thanks :slight_smile:

I have just the gal for you.

Miss Mad Masala. She also has a great home video collection to ā€˜DVD and Chillā€™ too.

6 Likes

Why donā€™t you try your chances on some dating apps?
You may get an answer to your question faster than you may thinkā€¦

Personally, I have friends from wide range of skin colors and none had problem to find a partner due to that. Personality is mostly the key factor.:2cents:

2 Likes

Are you interested at all in hip-hop or basketball? If not, can you fake it? There are lots of young people here who are into these aspects of African-American culture, so that may be your entry point, even though you are from the Caribbean.

1 Like

Taiwan has a very active LGBT community, Iā€™m sure there will be a girl for you!

Ha maybe. Itā€™s hard pretending to be into basketball in the States as it is but Iā€™m sure it will serve well as practice.

I feel the greatest benefit is not being pooled into one cultural group, overall. I vary quite a bit from my African cohorts.

@rooftopclown lol I wish I understood this joke.

It may change but I am really, really against using the internet for datingā€¦ I have courage. I have approached women and had good results FWIW, and it wouldnā€™t change, being on different land.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I only read the title as your original post suggested and your picture led me to believe you are a woman.

2 Likes
1 Like

For me, this totally ruined the mood.

I see heiren walking around with their cute Taiwanese girlfriends all the time. They always manage to find the thick ladiesā€¦rare gems in this gene pool.

If youā€™re a nice fella I really donā€™t think youā€™ll have an issue.

1 Like

Who, conveniently, most local men find least desirable.

Thatā€™s right. Foolsā€¦

Thatā€™s OK. More for me and @villanelle.

1 Like

Only if thatā€™s his vegetable. You never know, different veggies for different folks.

Well, if heā€™s a typical Caribbean guy, I think I know the answer.

1 Like

@Hanna @Dr_Milker I sure ainā€™t regulah but I do like me some curves :wink:

But really, thatā€™s a relief. I am a slim guy myself so who knows. All girls Iā€™ve been with in the past have been thicker than I though, in variable degrees! Your anecdote is appreciated.

To give it to you straight, I think it will be a challenge. But certainly not impossible. There will be a large population of women who probably will automatically disqualify you for being a ā€œheirenā€ for various reasons like family approval, weird stereotypes in their minds, or just they donā€™t find ā€œheirenā€ attractive.

All the black guys who have girls in Taiwan are dating latinas, other black girls, Europeans like Italians that I know of. I really canā€™t think of many who are dating Taiwanese girls.

Another obstacle is Iā€™ve seen other black girls get real nasty when non black girls try to get with a black guy.

Good luck. Thereā€™s a lot of women here, Iā€™m betting your chances of finding someone is good if you say youā€™re confident and willing to put yourself out there and talk to women. Youā€™ll probably do better than the average Taiwanese guy if youā€™re doing this tbh.

I know two black guys who are married to Taiwanese women.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen this happen in Taiwanā€¦back in America, maybe. But not here.