A sweet Caribbean (Heiren) hoping for some sweet love one day

Way more here in my experience. There’s not many black guys here so.

I don’t know any black women in Taiwan.

I knew a few. One I was friends with until she got all into some radical feminism stuff and had to rant about how I’m being sexist by just existing. Even though she had a major crush on me at the same time lol.

I’ve seen loads of brothers with local ladeez

You consistently fail to amaze…:roll:

Because raccoons just don’t have the mental capacity

I don’t feel like I get any better treatment in the United States. I assume the only obstacle (my only concern, really) is being turned down because of potential family tension. Otherwise, I imagine things would not be as difficult as I may imagine them to be.

I’ve also seen a fair few, but I actually know two - one is a colleague. It’s astonishing that I’ve never met or worked with a black woman. I don’t have many friends, which is probably a big factor.

EDIT: BD moron alert. Half a dozen of my students are women from eSwatini.

The family thing could definitely stand in your way, but not necessarily for race reasons. Lots of families nix their daughter’s boyfriends for things even more frivolous (or more important) than skin color.

But, there’s a larger number of open-minded people out there these days. You sound like you’re good about putting yourself out there, and it’s a numbers game in the end, so I imagine you’ll find something that works out eventually.

3 Likes

Your odds in Taiwan are better than an Asian guy’s odds of dating white girls in the US.

I’ve not seen many black ladies in Taiwan
Did see this black and white Mixed girl last night in Walnut Creek that was really pretty.

Hmm there were times where I felt this way, but I think it’s actually not that awful and depends on the person.

That’s what I always say. It’s almost always the people that put themselves out there enough that says there’s no one.

You’re a notably positive member on here, kudos :smile:

But to go on a tangent to the original topic, have you seen/heard of other “nixes” (if you allow) that could get in the way? I suppose I could benefit from such information.

I should say on average although the younger generation Asian guys are doing better with white ladies so things are changing

On average I’d say white ladies in the US most prefer white guys followed by black guys followed by Latino followed by Indian and last and least Chinese

Some of the really stuffy types will think of anything just to have an excuse to dump on their child’s choice of mate. Not handsome/pretty enough, not tall enough, too fat, doesn’t make enough money, not from a reputable family, just not “good enough” for my precious darling, etc.

Foreigners might encounter the additional language barrier and/or culturally illiterate obstacle, though a lot of people can communicate in English or other languages now and not every family is as traditional or demanding as they used to be. But beyond that I think it’s about the same as dealing with a girlfriend’s overly picky family anywhere else. It is definitely to your benefit, though, to be able to speak Mandarin and to have some understanding of Taiwanese culture.

Cool. Yeah, thanks for that.

It’s inevitable, I suppose. Given the explicit cultural differential I would not and can’t take it to heart if I have related issues, it is just too bound to happen. The change in behaviors and ideals from the younger generation ultimately helps me out, though, as you suggested. I suppose for a man, it is different (and arguably, easier) given the culture.

I would say in general, I believe it is bollocks to go to a different country and not at least attempt learning the language (super hot take that I’m sure would garner some negative attention). You can get away with it, for sure, if your line of work doesn’t require much knowledge (still disagree) but when it comes to dating, it’s ridiculous to expect much. In America, it wouldn’t happen. Don’t get why it would be different in this case. Hence why I have and still intensively study Mandarin, and have gotten pretty good at it without being there. The flow (not speaking 慢慢 and such) will undoubtedly get better while I’m there. Same goes for the culture.

In any case, I appreciate your outlook! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I would put asian ahead of Indian in general imo. Imo the Asian mans failure is partly due to the lack of understanding of what western women find attractive and not necessarily that they aren’t or can not be attractive.

1 Like

Speaking mandarin is a huge plus. Taiwanese don’t take it for granted that you’ve made an effort to learn their native language like most countries that have an attitude that they just expect you to.

1 Like

I think a good number of your target demographic may be a bit afraid of black people. This usually isn’t any kind of deep-seated prejudice, though, and I find that when people get to know you, personality is much more important. In light of this fear, it’s probably a good idea to make a very gentle approach. If you come across as friendly and positive, I think the fear will go away quickly.

1 Like

Being black and speaking Chinese even in the States is seen an yiqi (read: uncommon) thing anyway (in my experience), so I assumed this couldn’t happen to me simply because of it. However I have never thought something like that would happen and would be very disturbed to hear otherwise, ha.