A Whiskey Recommendation

I didn’t buy it lol.

1 Like
1 Like

We should all have neighbors like that.

Amen

2 Likes

oooh we gotta another stinky peat fan. islays are very good.

1 Like

Absolutely. My problem is that I like them all. My poison for tonight. No peat. No smoke. Very, very sweet. Drinking from my bro in law’s pottery.

5 Likes

Gentle peat on the nose and taste. Sweetness but not too much. About perfect in this respect. Oil just coats your mouth when tasting. Salty. Some fruit flavors that I’m unable to distinguish. This is one that definitely needs to be tried.

4 Likes

Defeat the peat! :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been eyeing this one for some time. The problem in Taiwan is that it’s often too warm for peated whisky.

2 Likes

typical highlander with their nose in the clouds.

1 Like

Oiy, we strain ar juice through the foinest topsoil. barf

1 Like

So I went to this place:

https://goo.gl/maps/Ehxt7qCK1EWmkEpd7

But they don’t have bookers anymore and no plans to order anymore. Looks like some issue with the distributor.

Does anyone know any other place to buy bookers in Taiwan ?

1 Like

I think if anyone had it they would! This place had a pretty good selection when I looked, worth a call. There seems to be more of a variety of bourbon around these days.

https://goo.gl/maps/wiR9s7E1xmhVcCvF8

1 Like

I don’t know Bookers and can’t write Chinese, but Google threw up a few options after using Google translate.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-sonymobile&ei=jActYNCxBfPUmAWPzo_oBA&q=bookers+波旁威士忌+台北&oq=bookers+波旁威士忌+台北&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAM6BAgAEEc6BQghEKABUJapAVjiuAFg78YBaABwAXgAgAGJAogB-AKSAQUwLjEuMZgBAKABAaABAsgBCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

The 14 year version is on sale now at 橡木桶洋酒. Will probably go for a bottle soon. Great write-up.

1 Like

On sale for how much?

Around 1,200 nt. I’ll confirm after I buy a bottle.

2 Likes

1,150 nt with membership (just give them your number). Enjoying a dram of this beautiful whisky now. Loving the 46% abv.

5 Likes

wow that is a great deal! I’ll go for one sometime this week, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Does anyone know about any whiskey tasting events or evenings? Preferably something run by a shop or club rather than a promotional one, but in open to anything.

親愛的貴賓您好:
買酒網誠摯邀請您參加3/5週五晚上舉辦的亞伯樂餐酒會,歡迎您撥冗與會,餐酒會資訊詳下:

亞伯樂12年威士忌 x 買酒網 品酩會
威士忌的永恆經典遇上私房創意川湘料理
亞伯樂: 3/5 星期五 台北萬豪酒店 奇岩1號
日期:2021年3月5日 (星期五)
時間:18:00-21:00
地點:台北萬豪酒店 奇岩1號 (台北市中山區樂群二路199號2樓)
收費::$1800/人 (報名成功即贈亞伯樂12年一瓶,一人限一瓶。)

Google translate:
Hello, dear guests:
Maijiu.com sincerely invites you to participate in the Abel Food and Cocktail Party held on 3/5 Friday night. You are welcome to take the time to attend the meeting. The details of the food and wine party are as follows:

Abel’s 12-year-old Whiskey x Buy Liquor.com tasting party
The timeless classic of whiskey meets the private creative Chuanxiang cuisine
Abel: 3/5 Friday, Taipei Marriott Hotel, Qiyan No.1
Date: March 5, 2021 (Friday)
Time: 18:00-21:00
Venue: Taipei Marriott Hotel Qiyan No. 1 (2nd Floor, No. 199, Lequn 2nd Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City)
Fees: $1800/person (Successful registration will give you a bottle of Abel for 12 years, one bottle per person.)

1 Like