A Whiskey Recommendation

Glenmorangie is a fantastic choice. Very upper class :wink: Suitable for those in high places so I don’t drink it lol You can get as good as that but not better in most people’s opinion

Glenrothes is superb…it’s also hella pricey.

Ever check out the bottles in Breeze center? They’ve got a few going as high as $250,000 NT there. That would have to be pretty good lol

U got any idea which brands and ages etc. Can you nick one for me lol :roflmao:

Glenmorangie is a fantastic choice. Very upper class :wink: Suitable for those in high places so I don’t drink it lol You can get as good as that but not better in most people’s opinion[/quote]

I’m not much of a connoisseur. I like it and that is as much as I can say about it. Is it really considered to be that good? It’s ten years old and it says on the bottle that the distillery started making the stuff in 1843. Surely, they should know how to make whiskey by now.

Glenmorangie is a fantastic choice. Very upper class :wink: Suitable for those in high places so I don’t drink it lol You can get as good as that but not better in most people’s opinion[/quote]

I’m not much of a connoisseur. I like it and that is as much as I can say about it. Is it really considered to be that good? It’s ten years old and it says on the bottle that the distillery started making the stuff in 1843. Surely, they should know how to make whiskey by now.[/quote]
Yes it is considered very good. One of the best :thumbsup:

German Christmas present, just now opened. :thumbsup:

I thought some of you maybe interested in this. As I am a whisky lover so I thought it interesting.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/01/whisky-expensive-bottle-forbeslife-cx_pl_0601whisky.html

Next time I am in the UK I will have to start snooping through the old man’s drinks cupboard. He gave up drinking many years ago but still keeps an oak drinks cabinet with some very old bottles of Scotch in there. :slight_smile:

About how much is a bottle of the 12 yr.? About NT$ 1,000? More? Less???[/quote]
Its NT$1185 AFAIR. Worth every penny.
If you have less money you could try a bottle of Grouse. The best blend on the market.[/quote]

I used to drink quite a bit of Grouse when not wishing to splash out and was satisfied. However I bought one the other day and it was baddddd. Not sure why just tasted ergghhh from 7/11

Probably because two nights before I was treated to some pricey Johnny Walker by a Taiwanese business friend. It tasted out of this world although I cannot remember which Johnny Walker it was as I got drunk. Although he had to be carried out the office by his workers :roflmao:

I find that sometimes two bottles of exactly the same Whisky can vary a lot in quality. Perhaps that is the same with wine although I know sweet FA about wine.

I might recommend Teachers Highland Cream Scotch for those feeling let down by the Grouse.

Slight peat, nice full taste and a clean finish. Reasonably(low) pricing. 1/2 and 1/2 with water for a full bouquet and flavor.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I might recommend Teachers Highland Cream Scotch for those feeling let down by the Grouse.

Slight peat, nice full taste and a clean finish. Reasonably(low) pricing. 1/2 and 1/2 with water for a full bouquet and flavor.[/quote]
I’ll give it a try and let you know! :thumbsup:

Btw Tainan cowboy I love Kentucky Bourbon as well. I don’t look down my nose at it like some scotch drinkers. Very nice too :thumbsup:

[quote=“flike”]German Christmas present, just now opened. :thumbsup:
[/quote]I know it was Saturday, but 9:24am seems a bit early to crack open a bottle of whisky. :whistle:

[quote=“RobinTaiwan”][quote=“flike”]German Christmas present, just now opened. :thumbsup:
[/quote]I know it was Saturday, but 9:24am seems a bit early to crack open a bottle of whisky. :whistle:[/quote]
I’m in the States. It was 8:24pm, Friday night, local time. Not that Saturday mornings are too good for Balvenie. :wink:

Ok heres some pricing info from Trader Joes:

Glenfiddich 15 year old = 36.99 plus tax
12 year old = 23.99 plus tax

Glenmorangie 10 year old = 32.99

The Balvenie 12 year old = 33.99

The Famous Grouse 1000cc (age unknown) = 19.99

Finlaggan 750cc single malt (age unknown) = 19.99

What to buy??

I’d go for the Glenfiddich 12yo for value, or the Balvenie if I wanted to spend a bit more. I had to look up the Finlaggen, it’s an Islay malt, typically having a strong peat (smoky) flavor. Looks like good value if you like that

forpeatsake.com/Finlaggan/Fi … +Reserve/1

I almost bought the Finlaggan today, but glad i didnt because the reviews are not good.

But this guy likes it a lot tho

youtube.com/watch?v=g3M2wD3F-Ss

This guy really likes it. Looks like I should splurge and get a bottle?

youtube.com/watch?v=VCuiuAew … re=related

[quote=“tommy525”]Ok heres some pricing info from Trader Joes:

What to buy??[/quote]

I’d go for the Glenmorangie. Then Glenfiddich is good too

[quote=“tommy525”]Ok heres some pricing info from Trader Joes:
What to buy??[/quote]
Tommy -
Have you developed a preference in your Scotch taste?
Like a lot of peaty smokyness? A little? None - prefer more maltiness?

Just start sampling and decide what suits you best.
Grouse uses different label colors - blue, black, green - to indicate age. Similar to what Johnny Walker does.
At this point I doubt if you should worry very much about age differentials.
The Glenmorangie and The Balvenie would be my choice were I to chose from your list. Not familiar with the Finlaggan.

Also, you might look for a shop that sells “airplane” sized bottles. Cheaper and you get to sample a wide range without splashing for a full bottle.

Try it 1/2 & 1/2 with still, cool water.
Do a search for “scotch tasting” to learn a bit more about how to do it and what to look for.
Great way to develop your taste and drink some Scotch… :thumbsup:

[quote=“flike”]
I’m in the States. It was 8:24pm, Friday night, local time. Not that Saturday mornings are too good for Balvenie. :wink:[/quote]

Had a rough morning, did you? :laughing: Everything has a price. :wink:

I gotta get me one of them “airplane sized bottles”. Where would I keep it?