A willow?

I’d like a bonsai for my daughter, but haven’t yet found a willow. A full-grown tree would be fine, as then I’d be able to take a cutting.

Cheers

Sorry, this will not be helpful, but I though you were going to post hide and seek photos of your beautiful girl.

LOL. She’s growing more active, but not yet up to hide and seek. :smiley:
I’m looking forward to getting some playful photos though.

[quote=“Jaboney”]I’d like a bonsai for my daughter, but haven’t yet found a willow. A full-grown tree would be fine, as then I’d be able to take a cutting.

Cheers[/quote]
Around the pond in Da’an park there are a few weeping willows, as far as I remember. Have you not tried the garden centres? I’ve seen dwarf (not bonsai) weeping willows for sale there in pots in the past. They’re about two feet high.

Chein Kuo weekend flower market.

Xindian also has a weekend flower market. We’ll keep an eye out for you.

Hmm… haven’t seen them at Jianguo, but shall have another look.

I’m being a bit picky, this time, and hoping to avoid those rather poor versions bent and carved around pieces of lead.

You’re up in Neihu now, right? No luck at the flower market there? :ponder:

Not so far. There’s a great outfit pretty much across the road from Miramar, where I found lots of good stuff, but no willows yet.

I was talking about the big one on Ruei Guang Rd. I think a lot of the sellers that go to the weekend one on Jien Kwo have permanent stalls up there.

I was talking about the big one on Ruei Guang Rd. I think a lot of the sellers that go to the weekend one on Jien Kwo have permanent stalls up there.[/quote]
Ah. Don’t know that one… haven’t had time to explore Neihu much yet. I’ll check it out. :bow:

See there’s your problem. You need to stop looking at evening dresses, and focus on the task in hand. Looking for a willow tree.

I was talking about the big one on Ruei Guang Rd. I think a lot of the sellers that go to the weekend one on Jien Kwo have permanent stalls up there.[/quote]
Ah. Don’t know that one… haven’t had time to explore Neihu much yet. I’ll check it out. :bow:[/quote]

It’s easy to find, and a really big market. Bargaining sometimes works there btw. From Minquan E. Rd., turn north on Ruiguang just east of the overhead highways, and go quite a ways until you see it on your right. Go early. I think they’re only open in the early to mid mornings.

See there’s your problem. You need to stop looking at evening dresses, and focus on the task in hand. Looking for a willow tree.[/quote]

Or, even better, rescuing your wee girl from that freaky Frenchy-goalie-looking creature in your avatar…looks like he’s about to chow down on the poor darlin’…

[quote=“the chief”]Or, even better, rescuing your wee girl from that freaky Frenchy-goalie-looking creature in your avatar…looks like he’s about to chow down on the poor darlin’…[/quote]Ahh… but she’s so yummy!

Ah. Don’t know that one… haven’t had time to explore Neihu much yet. I’ll check it out. :bow:[/quote]

Ya, I didn’t know much about Neihu either till princess M started working in the tech park. There’s tons of great stuff up there, the flower market being one of them. Also, the NY bagels up there is a great spot for a leisurely Sunday morning coffee with the papers; more relax-oh than the ones downtown, imho.

Need to find an outdoor spot for it, too, or it’ll die. They don’t do well indoors.

Definitely! Found and tried that one, and was pleasantly surprised.