A Word to The Wiser Single Man About Younger Women in Taiwan

Tomas! How dare you defile that young woman!
You must take responsibility and marry her, you cad! She gave up her life for YOU…

Uh, and I just can’t believe you foreigns who come here and soil these poor innocent girls and then just leave them to the wolves…

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Geezus, if you’ve heard it once you’ve heard it a gazillion times.

A clean break is called for, dear. Cold turkey. No lingering or it’s going to make matters worse. Just move your home, change your job, and bugger off. Hopefully she WON’T kill herself, but if she does, man what a cad you are…

:wink:

Btw, I met w/ one of our Forumosa friends tonight for dinner and this thread was mentioned over the tiramisu. Sheesh! What a load of gossip, eh?

No, no, nothing like that.

You’re awfully wise, dispensing such wisdom to someone you’ve never met, aren’t you? In fact, I did not allow myself to be manipulated by suicide threats. What you call playing guidance counselor I call trying to solve problems in a relationship.

I posted this not so that you would have an opportunity to play armchair psychologist, but as a catharsis and a warning to the level headed forumosans who might not yet have figured this out.

[quote=“Boss Hogg”]Wait… Tomas, my wife was under 25 when we got married. That was 3 years ago. So, I don’t really agree with your statement.

The wife is a babe. (happy now honey? Would you like a foot massage?)
:sunglasses: Yeah, sitting beside me.[/quote]

Well Boss, I said most local women under 25, not all women. I’ve no doubt you found the rare exception. I have a few other friends who have as well. My comments are meant as a caution to fellow who don’t realize that the playing field here is, in general, quite different from the one back home.

[quote]Dude, so you got burnt. Grow up, take it like a man and stfu.

cliche 1: “if you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen, ie, Taiwan”
cliche 2: “I knew Lotharios, Lotharious was a friend of mine, Tomas, you’re no Lotharios”.[/quote]

TonyC,
That was your first post so we will let you off. Tomas is one of the good guys. His post was a good reminder to us blokes here to think a little bit more with our big head, as opposed to Napolean (you know, the little general) who is always up for an invasion.
TonyC, it’s hard living in a Candy Store when you’ve got a sweet-tooth. :smiley:

[quote]Boss Hogg wrote:
Wait… Tomas, my wife was under 25 when we got married. That was 3 years ago. So, I don’t really agree with your statement.

Yeah, sitting beside me.

Well Boss, I said most local women under 25, not all women. I’ve no doubt you found the rare exception. I have a few other friends who have as well. My comments are meant as a caution to fellow who don’t realize that the playing field here is, in general, quite different from the one back home.[/quote]

We have to factor Boss Hogg’s real mental age into the equation. :shock: My God, his wife is a cradle snatcher!!

Yah, “back home”, they’re ALL psycho, from ages 14 to 100. :unamused:

[quote=“TonyC”][quote=“Tomas”]To all of you over-25 Lotharios out there, Tomas has word of advice, learned through hard experience:

Here’s the bottom line, for me:
In most cases, it is pure folly to pursue or agree to a romantic relationship with any local woman under the age of about 25. You are asking for major, major trouble.

[/quote]
Dude, so you got burnt. Grow up, take it like a man and stfu.

cliche 1: “if you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen, ie, Taiwan”
cliche 2: “I knew Lotharios, Lotharious was a friend of mine, Tomas, you’re no Lotharios”.[/quote]

This post is too inane to respond to.

:::

[quote=“Tomas”][quote=“Flicka”]

You’re awfully wise, dispensing such wisdom to someone you’ve never met, aren’t you? In fact, I did not allow myself to be manipulated by suicide threats. What you call playing guidance counselor I call trying to solve problems in a relationship.

I posted this not so that you would have an opportunity to play armchair psychologist, but as a catharsis and a warning to the level headed forumosans who might not yet have figured this out.[/quote][/quote]

I’ve been around the block here and stand by what I say as far as this stuff is concerned. I don’t have to have met you to figure this kind of crap out. Solving problems in a relationship? What relationship? You call being threatened by suicide and trying to “help” an obviously nuthead girl being in a relationship? Being had is more like it.

Sure it feels great to be the one that is trying to solve problems and keep her from jumping off a bridge. You should have walked away at the first sign of nuttiness rather than being the one who “helped” this “poor girl”. Teaching her to defend herself and handle adult situations was her parents’ job, not yours. A level-headed forumosan should have figured this out.

[quote=“Tomas”][quote=“TonyC”]
This post is too inane to respond to.[/quote]
Not only that, he obviously doesn’t know who Lothario (no ‘s’) was. Sheesh.

Horndogs? Wow, I haven’t heard that term for a long while.

[quote=“Tomas”][quote=“TonyC”]
This post is too inane to respond to.[/quote]

Ack, if you remember the 1988 vice presidential debate in the US between Bentsen and Quayle, this substitution will spring freely to mind. It must be an American thing. :?

[quote]Dan Quayle didn’t fare so well in the 1988 Vice Presidential debate with Democratic Senator Lloyd Bentsen.
Again the issue was Quayle’s young age and relative lack of experience.

Quayle: “I have as much experience in the Congress as Jack Kennedy did when he sought the presidency.”

Bentsen: “Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy.”

Quayle was branded a lightweight and the experts said he lost the debate. But the Bush-Quayle ticket went on to win in the general election.

[/quote]

[quote=“Tomas”][quote=“Boss Hogg”]Wait… Tomas, my wife was under 25 when we got married. That was 3 years ago. So, I don’t really agree with your statement.

:sunglasses: Yeah, sitting beside me.[/quote]

Well Boss, I said most local women under 25, not all women. I’ve no doubt you found the rare exception. I have a few other friends who have as well. My comments are meant as a caution to fellow who don’t realize that the playing field here is, in general, quite different from the one back home.[/quote]

Ok, I am going to reply to this thread seriously now. That will be a welcome change.
In principle I agree with Tomas and indeed playing the field here is, in general, different from back home.

Playing the field western style is frowned upon in most parts of Taiwan. Take her out, pop her cherry, then move on to a new conquest. That is why western men in Taiwan are considered very “se”, dirty and lustful, and some women, althogh attracted to these men, will stay well clear of anything that could lead to any of the bases being got to, let alone scoring a homer.

I have had my fair share of Taiwanese girl friends but I played the game much the same way as the Taiwanese do. So, when I wanted to become involved with my wife her parents had no problem because I already had established a good rep in town and people felt that I did things the right way. It perhaps isn’t really the right way, but it was their way.

Girls in Taiwan are more than a little emotionally naive, in general. I remember my first TW gf was a whole 3-4 years older than me. It was much better than the pickings around my own age. However, even at her age she was still a mess of emotions and very unstable. She wanted to feel like a “small girl” and have the “big man” taking care of everything. Late - always Last minute changes of plans like I call to meet her at our appointed time and “Oh, I decided to go to Taipei, sorry”. Therefore we parted company.

Other girls have a curiousity about foreigners, they like you, well, because you are a foreigner but are not generally interested in forming a relationship with you. Perhaps in private she says she is your gf but in public it’s “oh no, he is just my friend”. What, do they think we don’t understand Chinese or something if it’s not directly spoken at us?

Playing the field too much could led to a lot of problems in Taiwan, I don’t think it’s because they are psycho, I think we just play the relationship game a different way.

Give it time and things usually become easier.

IN addition stay away from the CORNER MONSTERS

Those girls who have been around and who haunt the corners of the VIBE and such, to hunt for some fresh blood.

Do they have veneral diseases?

I had a Taiwanese girlfriend who used to scold me when I was sick, as I couldn’t protect her (Big man role). Great fun, running a fever and being yelled at… She was older than me, so she sometimes told me that I did not have enough life experience (Big woman role?).

Both things were quite guaranteed to light my fuse well and truly up. Local women… Most are worth the sex only. I say go with older horny gals. Easier to get rid of and they know the game better.

[quote=“Mr He”]Do they have veneral diseases?

I had a Taiwanese girlfriend who used to scold me when I was sick, as I couldn’t protect her (Big man role). Great fun, running a fever and being yelled at… She was older than me, so she sometimes told me that I did not have enough life experience (Big woman role?).

Both things were quite guaranteed to light my fuse well and truly up. Local women… Most are worth the sex only. I say go with older horny gals. Easier to get rid of and they know the game better.[/quote]
Your wife doesn’t read forumosa does she?

[quote=“Larsen Ni”][quote=“Mr He”]Do they have veneral diseases?

Both things were quite guaranteed to light my fuse well and truly up. Local women… Most are worth the sex only. I say go with older horny gals. Easier to get rid of and they know the game better.[/quote]
Your wife doesn’t read forumosa does she?[/quote]

That must be why Mr He is now written in invisible ink, you can only read his name if you highlite with the mouse on my computer.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“Tomas”][quote=“Flicka”]

I posted this not so that you would have an opportunity to play armchair psychologist, but as a catharsis and a warning to the level headed forumosans who might not yet have figured this out.[/quote]

I’ve been around the block here and stand by what I say as far as this stuff is concerned. I don’t have to have met you to figure this kind of crap out. Solving problems in a relationship? What relationship? You call being threatened by suicide and trying to “help” an obviously nuthead girl being in a relationship? Being had is more like it.

Sure it feels great to be the one that is trying to solve problems and keep her from jumping off a bridge. You should have walked away at the first sign of nuttiness rather than being the one who “helped” this “poor girl”. Teaching her to defend herself and handle adult situations was her parents’ job, not yours. A level-headed forumosan should have figured this out.[/quote][/quote]

That’s it. I try to reason with you, and you continue with your narrow-minded, all-knowing take on this situation. You can go fuck yourself, you arrogant, boorish prick. I never asked for your judgment, particularly in light of the fact that you are so ill-informed. REPEAT: I POSTED MY ORIGINAL POST AS A CATHARSIS AND AS A WARNING, NOT AS CANNON FODDER FOR YOUR CONDESCENDING SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS. You know almost nothing about me, the girls in question here, and about my life, and you have absolutely no right to dispense your useless wisdom online. My advice to you to is shove it up your ass, once there’s enough room available, because your head seems to be stuck up there pretty permanently.

You really aren’t worth it, but for those who are, let me explain:

First, my most recent girlfriend never threatened suicide. I brought that up as an example of what some young girls do when breaking up. Go back and read the original post. The situation presented is written hypothetically. God, but you are dense.

Second, my most recent girlfriend is not a nut. She is in inexperienced person. There is a big difference. I never looked upon her as a pitiful (or poor) girl, because she isn’t. She just isn’t old enough yet to realize that relationships often don’t work. She is inexperienced, not crazy. Again, your spellbinding arrogance and obtuseness here is truly something to behold.

I’m telling you, leave me the fuck alone and go act like God with someone who gives a shit about your opinion. I don’t. If anything, you only convince me of your own lack of level-headedness.

And I’ll say each and every one of these things to your face if I get the chance, you arrogant weasel.

God, what is it, arrogant, obtuse asshole day? You have described my situation and approach to women with 0% accuracy. You too can take your advice and shove it up your cocky ass. Go somewhere where your so-called advice is appreciated.

Woohooo. Not just a bad hair day today is it?