ABC's vs psuedo ABCs?

quote:
Originally posted by thyrdrail: Regarding fashion, well, how do I put it gently? Taiwanese just plain don't have none!!!! No offense to the natives, of course. There are many Taiwanese in NYC, and they just don't generally dress as well compared to ABCs.

This was true, but things have changed dramatically last 2-3 years for the younger (under 20) Taiwanese (actually mostly Taipei youths). While some dress more American casual, most tend to go for Jap-pop. ALOT of emphasis on how your hair is styled/colored.

When you’re in Taiwan, go to the Cheung Xaio Dong Lu Sect-4 area and check it out yourself.

Hmmm…I’ve never really encountered the ABC issue in Taiwan, although sometimes it’s hard for people to understand how I switch rapidly between Mandarin and English.

Most of my time spend dealing with ABC issues is trying to explain to people in the US how I’m a ABC-FOB Born and lived in the US, attended school in Taiwan, back to the US.

I, too, have observed this liberal (and incorrect) use of the abbreviation “ABC”. I say it’s all FUBAR.

I guess those visting the US shortly call themselves American Been Chinese …

well, even europeans who lived in the states for a while usually come back fatter…

Did anybody see the ABC who got nalied twice cheating on his Missus last night? It was on CTS.