About APRC... can I go other country for longer period?


I’m now holding APRC and already given up my own National ID and passport to get that APRC… now stateless status … and then can apply for Taiwan Passport now… and can go outside with TW passport…

I wanna know , Can I go other countries for working or studying , longer duration like 2-3 years with APRC status and TW passport ???
How many days per year do I need to stay in Taiwan to become that APRC active ??? I think APRC has no expiry date but… must stay in Taiwan for how many days per years???

thanks .

WTF? Sounds like someone has given you a real shafting! You don’t give up your passport for APRC! :noway: Are you sure your have the terminology correct?
Anyway, if you have no passport, you are not going ANYWHERE, bucko!

Dear OP, please clarify your situation:

  1. Are you Overseas Compatriot?

  2. If you have APRC, yes, it does not expire, but it does not automatically put you in line for Taiwanese passport/ID. It is a completely different process in another agency. And definetively, you do not have to give up your own country’s passport in order to get the APRC.

You may have to give up your own country’s passport at the end of the process of becoming a Taiwanese national, not at the beginning.

You can definetively leave for longer than 180 days if you apply previously to NIA and they agree. As long as they are informed beforehand and consent, studies are OK.

  1. What do you mean by “APRC active”? It states in the back you must stay 180 days or else your APRC becomes invalid. That is different from “active”.

  2. Are you sure you are not talking about a TARC? Then you can’t go anywhere for a whole year.

So many things wrong here. I smell a smurf.

There are provisions that you can stay abroad for longer, though I doubt it could extend to 3 years. This information was given to you when you received your APRC, or at least it should have been. You need to apply for permission at the NIA and provide a valid reason and documentation for your absence. Contact the NIA and find out more.