About getting the ARC

I’m moving to Taiwan in September for the branch office of my company (to open it).

I have EU citizen passport (I am Portuguese) so I don’t believe I need a VISA to go in. So after I get the apartment and start working from there, what do I need to do to make my situation regular? I will be working in Taiwan, but my sallary and taxes will be payd here, in Luxembourg (you can imagine why…). How does it work then? Am I considered a tourist?

By the way, I have a undetermined time contract, so I don’t know how can I get the ARC.

[quote=“mr_boogie”]I’m moving to Taiwan in September for the branch office of my company (to open it).

I have EU citizen passport (I am Portuguese) so I don’t believe I need a VISA to go in. So after I get the apartment and start working from there, what do I need to do to make my situation regular? I will be working in Taiwan, but my sallary and taxes will be payd here, in Luxembourg (you can imagine why…). How does it work then? Am I considered a tourist?

By the way, I have a undetermined time contract, so I don’t know how can I get the ARC.[/quote]

Hello Mr. Boogie:

Welcome to Taiwan. I have emailed you a PM with more details. The main concern is how you can obtain a Resident Visa-work (90 days) for obtaining an ARC-work. Depending on your timing, you should seek to apply for this visa first rather than using a 60-day visitor visa or 30-day landing visa which may likely require you to leave Taiwan on a visa jump.

Feel free to contact our office for further assistance.