About Rapid Test

Heyyyhoooo~~
How are you guys?
I want to ask something about " Rapid Test" in Taiwan.

1. How much does it cost?
  2. Where can we find the hospital that can do the test?

Thankies :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

What do you want to get tested for?

2 Likes

to go back to my country. cause i already graduated.

Test for what? STD?

2 Likes

guessing COVID-19, so he/she can enter country. But, that doesn’t seem right, as most (all) countries accept their citizens back home without a test, just maybe quarantine.

@blackpearl98, speak simple English on what kind of test, for what reason, etc.

1 Like

COVID-19 Total Antibody Rapid Test Kit : " Polymerase Chain Reaction” ( PCR ).

how much and which hospital can do that test?

the reason to take the test (if your result are negative) is the citizens can entry the country (which is he/she nationality)

I was in Adventist about a month and a half ago and they had a sign upstairs on the 2F registration desk that if you wanted a covid test without a recommendation (i.e. exposure and/or symptoms) they were available but at cost to patient.

Antibody tests and PCR tests are different things.

A PCR test detects nucleic acids such as RNA or DNA. It is what is usually used to help diagnose current infection. Some PCR tests are faster than others.

Antibody tests just assess whether you have been exposed to the virus at some point in the past and developed an immune response. They are usually faster than PCR but are not used to tell whether you have active infection.

There are also antigen tests. They detect viral antigens (usually some type of protein) so they can detect active infection. Usually not as sensitive as PCR but can be done faster. Not sure if they are available in Taiwan or recognized by your country.

This means you are looking for the PCR not antibody test. A negative antibody result just means you have not developed an immune response, but you could still have the infection.

3 Likes

Does anybody know if the tests given by hospitals here (normally $5k for next-day or $7k for same-day) are the PCR tests that airlines are requiring, or are they just the antigen tests?

True, but most airlines and some airports are requiring tests, so even if your arrival country doesn’t require a test, chances are you will still need one for the journey.

All of the tests I’ve seen in Taiwan have been PCR tests. You can easily check with the hospital/clinic by calling.

got fever 101 for two days the other day. Had to leave work (coworker got covid positive 2 weeks prior).
bossman paid for covid test . I got the rapid 150 dollar test. Was really easy, no sticking the q tip deep into the nose. just the tip.

easy peasy especially when i didnt have to pay. glad to be negative.

I wonder if this is part of the problem in the US.

If Taiwan has learned anything, it’s that initial tests are frequently negative even when a person has the virus.

That is true
Tests are expensive and essential prove nothing
Except a positive test will mean something
A negative doesn’t mean you will stay negative