About split posts from CPI 250cc thread

Wow, First time I see the moderator canceled posts so fast. Even though nothing bad was said and no insults were exchanged. :frowning:

Letā€™s make sure that we donā€™t ask what bike someone has besides a CPI 250 on this thread. :bravo:

[quote=ā€œiix23ā€]Wow, First time I see the moderator canceled posts so fast. Even though nothing bad was said and no insults were exchanged. :frowning:

Letā€™s make sure that we donā€™t ask what bike someone has besides a CPI 250 on this thread. :bravo:[/quote]

It wasnā€™t canceled, it was tossed in the temp forum. Itā€™ll hang out for a bit longer.

Hey my post was also canceled here jejejeā€¦ and i didnā€™t say anything bad at all about anyone or any bikeā€¦ and it was canceled the very next day i posted itā€¦
kind of unfair i think but well they are the moderators and there is nothing to do about itā€¦ :discodance:

I say good job moderator! And please go ahead and move these mewling responses to the same area and label it arbitrary ramblings from bored oiks.

Goddamn right. Except I ran out of petrol the other day. If youā€™re a complete idiot, the CPIā€™s lack of a fuel gauge could be a real problem. :wink:

and then my questions are offensiveā€¦ yeah right :blah:

I donā€™t really think this has to be a big deal. I think Dogma just wanted to keep the original post on topic, but then perhaps the usual Internet misunderstandings came into playā€¦

I split the original topic, and MJB moved the resulting posts into temp. That was a fair call as a topic on ā€œWhat bike does Dogma have now?ā€ is fine for temp, not so justifiable in the regular forum.

Iā€™m not sure why Dogma didnā€™t want to come out with the make/model of his current bike, but thatā€™s his prerogative. I certainly donā€™t get the impression that heā€™s disillusioned with the CPI250. He wanted to keep the original thread tightly on-topic, is all.

Forget Dogma. The mighty sandman, who has competed twice at the Isle of Man TT, once on a 1952 Vincent Black Shadow, is the proud owner of a CPI and is mightily pleased with it. If thatā€™s not enough for you people, then all I can say is: buy a damned Nissan Sentra.
I mean to say, the CPI is black with orange bits! What more is there to say, really?

Sandman i am very happy for you, i know that u are having fun with your bike, actually that is the point of having a bike, and from your reviews i can see that u have had no problem at all with it !!! congratsā€¦
now, on the other hand i dont like the idea of the violation of my right to express myself about a topic, i am not off the topicā€¦ dogma is making a big deal every time that i post something that goes against all the ā€¦ that he says, so basically that topic should be renamed to Dogmaā€™s point of view about CPI, dont write or post here if u dont want to say how beautiful and nice is the bike, stay away if that is not ur intentionā€¦ hey btw, CPI fucked me when i got mine, and the dealers were crap where i got it, and all the bullshit process that he had to go trough to get his money backā€¦ and then hide this from people and not talk about it, i think that is a way to cheat ppl when they are about to buy a bikeā€¦ they should know all these and take their own risks when getting the bikeā€¦ hey it can be a great bike too, look at sandmanā€¦ he is happy and he has a great bike ā€¦

[quote=ā€œomerojsā€]Sandman I am very happy for you, I know that u are having fun with your bike, actually that is the point of having a bike, and from your reviews i can see that you have had no problem at all with it !!! congratsā€¦
now, on the other hand I donā€™t like the idea of the violation of my right to express myself about a topic, I am not off the topicā€¦ dogma is making a big deal every time that i post something that goes against all the ā€¦ that he says, so basically that topic should be renamed to Dogmaā€™s point of view about CPI, dont write or post here if you donā€™t want to say how beautiful and nice is the bike, stay away if that is not your intentionā€¦ hey btw, CPI fucked me when i got mine, and the dealers were crap where i got it, and all the bullshit process that he had to go trough to get his money backā€¦ and then hide this from people and not talk about it, I think that is a way to cheat people when they are about to buy a bikeā€¦ they should know all these and take their own risks when getting the bikeā€¦ hey it can be a great bike too, look at sandmanā€¦ he is happy and he has a great bike ā€¦[/quote]Huh? You asked Dogma what kind of bike he has now! Whatā€™s that got to do with discussing the CPI250? I donā€™t get it. Youā€™re welcome to post things about the CPI250 in the CPI250 thread.

Am I missing something here? I really donā€™t see what the big deal is. Try to keep posts in the more informative threads on-topic. Thatā€™s all thatā€™s required. And if off-topic posts are moved, itā€™s not some kind of punishment or something.

you are right joesax, i am sorry for the trouble caused if any, please keep your good job as moderator !!! and lets all make Forumosa a great place for talking about things in Taiwan :bow:

[quote=ā€œomerojsā€]you are right joesax, I am sorry for the trouble caused if any, please keep your good job as moderator !!! and lets all make Forumosa a great place for talking about things in Taiwan :bow:[/quote]No worries at all, Omerojs.

And, for the record, I do think itā€™s important to be able to discuss all aspectsā€“positive and negativeā€“of products, services, and businesses here. Sometimes I feel that there are certain sacred cows here, and that whenever anyone points out any negative aspects, others jump on them. In the same way, there are certain ā€œwhipping boysā€ who can do no right. I suppose itā€™s inevitable, humans being a cliquey bunch on the whole, and thereā€™s other stuff such as confirmation bias which may play a role. But itā€™s good to try to keep a wider perspective on things.

So people should keep the feedback coming on the SM250. Also about dealerships, though that might be better in another thread.

And by the way, moderators arenā€™t immune at all from having posts temped/removed. I just had a rather amusing post (if I say so myself) wiped out entirely! Teach me not to post in threads started by spammersā€¦ :laughing:

The point was this. If the bike was that great and the dealership was good and the CPI company was good why then did he returned the bike?
2- Why was this not mentioned on the thread.
3- why if the company and the bike was so good he didnā€™t bother getting a new one that is supposed to be better than before (he had a demo version)?

There for ā€œwhat kind of bike do you have now?ā€ is a question that ask why he jumped ship from that company (CPI).

I think that it is a very good question. It implies all of the aboves.

The point was this. If the bike was that great and the dealership was good and the CPI company was good why then did he returned the bike?
3- why if the company and the bike was so good he didnā€™t bother getting a new one that is supposed to be better than before (he had a demo version)?

There for ā€œwhat kind of bike do you have now?ā€ is a question that ask why he jumped ship from that company (CPI).

I think that it is a very good question. It implies all of the aboves.[/quote]Sorry, iix23, but things go much smoother if people say what they mean to say directly. I donā€™t think itā€™s part of my job as a moderator to read between the lines of posts to figure out the subtext. Iā€™d just get it wrong half the time anyway if I did that. If you want to ask Dogma why he chose not to get another CPI250, then feel free to do so in that thread (I thought you asked already, though?) However, heā€™s perfectly entitled not to reply to that if he doesnā€™t feel like it.

I just assumed he was more of a big bike guy for the roads, and if he wanted a dirt bike heā€™d get an actual dirt bike. Isnā€™t your question a bit like asking someone whoā€™s buying bananas in the supermarket why they hate apples?

Anyway, ask once more if you like, directly but politely, and if you donā€™t get an answer then, then I suggest giving up the speculation.

I think that it is a very good question. It implies all of the aboves.[/quote]Sorry, iix23, but things go much smoother if people say what they mean to say directly. I donā€™t think itā€™s part of my job as a moderator to read between the lines of posts to figure out the subtext. Iā€™d just get it wrong half the time anyway if I did that. If you want to ask Dogma why he chose not to get another CPI250, then feel free to do so in that thread (I thought you asked already, though?) However, heā€™s perfectly entitled not to reply to that if he doesnā€™t feel like it.

I just assumed he was more of a big bike guy for the roads, and if he wanted a dirt bike heā€™d get an actual dirt bike. Isnā€™t your question a bit like asking someone whoā€™s buying bananas in the supermarket why they hate apples?

Anyway, ask once more if you like, directly but politely, and if you donā€™t get an answer then, then I suggest giving up the speculation.[/quote]

Iā€™d like to pipe in here for a momentā€¦Dogma was very much touting the bike as the next coming for quite a while. In fact, do an internet search for the CPI and youā€™ll hit Dogmaā€™s reviews and videos before even their company website.

All of the sudden the bike experienced some (evidently serious) quality control issues and he ended up returning the bike.

ixx23ā€™s point is a valid oneā€¦Why hide the fact that the CPI turned out to be less than expected? And what exactly were the problems with it? I think considering it was a pre-production sample, I canā€™t really see the harm in letting us know.

Iā€™m a bit curious as wellā€¦

[quote=ā€œMJBā€][quote=ā€œjoesaxā€]Sorry, iix23, but things go much smoother if people say what they mean to say directly. I donā€™t think itā€™s part of my job as a moderator to read between the lines of posts to figure out the subtext. Iā€™d just get it wrong half the time anyway if I did that. If you want to ask Dogma why he chose not to get another CPI250, then feel free to do so in that thread (I thought you asked already, though?) However, heā€™s perfectly entitled not to reply to that if he doesnā€™t feel like it.

Anyway, ask once more if you like, directly but politely, and if you donā€™t get an answer then, then I suggest giving up the speculation.[/quote]

Iā€™d like to pipe in here for a momentā€¦Dogma was very much touting the bike as the next coming for quite a while. In fact, do an internet search for the CPI and youā€™ll hit Dogmaā€™s reviews and videos before even their company website.

All of the sudden the bike experienced some (evidently serious) quality control issues and he ended up returning the bike.

ixx23ā€™s point is a valid oneā€¦Why hide the fact that the CPI turned out to be less than expected? And what exactly were the problems with it? I think considering it was a pre-production sample, I canā€™t really see the harm in letting us know.

Iā€™m a bit curious as wellā€¦[/quote]Iā€™ve seen the reviews. And actually, come to think of it, some hints of what happened do come across in the thread. Yes, it would be nice to know more. Iā€™m not sure if we can do much if no more is forthcoming, though.

Iā€™d still rather people asked Dogma straight out about the problems, instead of asking him what bike he has now. That sounds off-topic, which is why I gave it its own thread, and presumably why you put that thread in temp.

and the funny thing is that every time that i write something about that bike or CPI then someone would come to me to ask me why did i ask that or say that or whatever thing it isā€¦ a couple of times i even deleted my own posts not to affect the credibility of CPI and that bike but now i just dont care, i think CPI can be a shity company, its good that sandman has a nice bike and i am happy for him !!!
but in general the way the company behaved with the bike that dogma acquired was simply un-professional, even more, the way that he doesnā€™t talk about it is just un-ethicalā€¦
i know that you guys as moderators are just working to get the forum working fine, and i am happy for thatā€¦ maybe i should have been more direct and say: Hey dogma why did you buy a YAMAHA 125 cc (which i didnt know he had, but i knew that he was looking for a different bike) , and not a CPI 250 again? was it that bad? (maybe it was), was the performance good but not as good as the 125cc that he has now? then what can ppl say if the performance of a 250cc that is SM and MX, that is supposed to be for that is lower than the performance of a well known YAMAHA 125ccā€¦ hey its okā€¦ yamaha has been in the business for long timeā€¦ they know what they are doingā€¦
that would be something like if i compare my SV1000 (bike that i love) with a fireblade or any other racing bikeā€¦ well, i get what i wantā€¦ i have low rpm torque and comfortā€¦ also good speedā€¦
what would be nice is, that someone that actually knows about bikes would make a review or a comparison about CPI 250 SM or MX and other MX or SM bikesā€¦ yamaha or Suzuki or honda or similarā€¦ then the people interested in the sport would know what to expect from what he gets ā€¦ dont you guys think so?
I also know that some people bothers the moderators for small thingsā€¦ but in this case, if the moderators think this is a good topic, then its up to them to move it back to cars and motorcycles as a new topic, including all the things that we have mentioned here, which i think are interesting for the general public to know, since someone else might be considering to buy a bike, like that guy looking for the 250 ~ 400cc bikeā€¦

[quote=ā€œomerojsā€]what would be nice is, that someone that actually knows about bikes would make a review or a comparison about CPI 250 SM or MX and other MX or SM bikesā€¦ yamaha or Suzuki or honda or similarā€¦ then the people interested in the sport would know what to expect from what he gets ā€¦ dont you guys think so?[/quote]Yes, it would be nice. Why donā€™t you organise it? Start the thread, and find someone who can contribute the content you want to see.

[quote=ā€œomerojsā€]I also know that some people bothers the moderators for small thingsā€¦ but in this case, if the moderators think this is a good topic, then its up to them to move it back to cars and motorcycles as a new topic, including all the things that we have mentioned here, which I think are interesting for the general public to know, since someone else might be considering to buy a bike, like that guy looking for the 250 ~ 400cc bikeā€¦[/quote]Sounds like too much work to me. Iā€™m not even clear which bits of which threads you want moved where. How about you just start the threads you want to start, and hopefully theyā€™ll go somewhere interesting? Make it clear what the topic of each thread is, though. Start a CPI whinge thread if you want ā€“ I think thatā€™s a different topic from the SM250 one, though, as presumably most people who buy those bikes now wonā€™t need to have much to do with the company as such.

EDIT venting removed

Instead Iā€™ll say all the answers are already available on the main thread please stop baiting me

I think that it is a very good question. It implies all of the aboves.[/quote]

(EDIT venting removed) go over the thread and you will know