About split posts from CPI 250cc thread

I’d like to pipe in here for a moment…Dogma was very much touting the bike as the next coming for quite a while. In fact, do an internet search for the CPI and you’ll hit Dogma’s reviews and videos before even their company website.

All of the sudden the bike experienced some (evidently serious) quality control issues and he ended up returning the bike.

ixx23’s point is a valid one…Why hide the fact that the CPI turned out to be less than expected? And what exactly were the problems with it? I think considering it was a pre-production sample, I can’t really see the harm in letting us know.

I’m a bit curious as well…[/quote]

Again if you read the thread you will find the answers I have been perfectly upfront about my reasons, show me you can read and regurgitate once more my answers for not keeping or replacing. And my response regarding the quality control issues. Because I refuse to retype yet again.

Try any of these

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72895&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=140

Just for Joe,

I got a YZ125 because:

! i could get it immediately for 65k and not be bikeless for 2 months waiting for typhoon season before i got my SM
2 I don’t have to pay any money to race it at the dirt track
3. I met people who could give me full support for it including storage near the track.

I rue the day because:
Almost immediately I had to replace the clutch and suspension components

So much for Yamaha

It will take 1 month for my parts to come from Japan

So much for Yamaha

I’m looking at 1/2 yearly engine rebuilds since it is a race machine

So much for Yamaha

It’s rare that the dirt track is dry and I hate riding in the mud

I wish I had kept the SM I had because the end result would have been much less downtime and the ability to ride on public roads whenever i feel like a ride without all the prep it takes to get the dirt bike to the track.

Now the SM is available I have already spent half the SM money on the YZ. I can probably convince the wife to let me buy another bike next year…

And after testing a superbike recently I will not be going back to them on these horrific roads.

The doubting Thomases are just so far off the mark its unbelievable, not a day goes by that I don’t regret giving up that bike and I really don’t want anyone else to make the same mistakes in expectations that I made that led to me making the wrong choice by not sticking by the SM.

My reasons (misguided though they were) for doing so are clear on the proper thread and that bike still exceeded all my expectations.

In fact I will never forget the faces of IIX and Omero when they rode it, they looked very strange, clearly impressed yet unhappy that their expectations of it being shit were not met.

So at every opportunity they leap in with the same old song and dance with no substance other than to sling vague accusations they can not substantiate and cannot defend themselves against my counters.

I just wish they would get a new routine and absorb all that has actually been said.

If you read my threads I always keep an open mind and have stated on numerous occasions that it is not the best only that it is the best new bike for the money with added bonus of comprehensive support, if the twits want to challenge me further go ahead and challenge me on that basis. Or bring some real evidence which I have also said over and over again I will accept I have gone as far as pulling problems out of people when they have not been entirely forthcoming giving every opportunity for criticism of the bike from people who actually are experiencing it.

[quote=“Dogma”]Just for Joe…[/quote]Just for me? Don’t worry–I’ve read your posts carefully and I’m satisfied with your explanation of the situation. You might have a slightly rosy view of the support offered by the company–I don’t know. It does seem like they’re making a good effort so far in Loretta’s case though. And as for the bikes themselves, I’d like one! Sounds like you get a lot of machine for your money.

Still, you’ve gone a bit overboard this evening I think. There are one or two personal attacks in these posts, and you’re not really supposed to make a bunch of posts back to back like this. I think it’s unnecessary, anyway. I’d already tidied up Loretta’s thread, temping the offtopic exchange started by Omerojs.

[quote=“To Omerojs, Dogma”]I will no longer go on the defensive with you because it has gotten nowhere I will only be on the offensive.[/quote]This bothers me. Surely you know that if you carry on in that way you’ll probably get yourself suspended from the forum at some point? That would be a real pity, as most of your posts are very informative and helpful.

Just try and cool down for a bit–don’t let yourself be drawn into a fight.

[quote=“Dogma”][quote=“MJB”]I’d like to pipe in here for a moment…Dogma was very much touting the bike as the next coming for quite a while. In fact, do an internet search for the CPI and you’ll hit Dogma’s reviews and videos before even their company website.

All of the sudden the bike experienced some (evidently serious) quality control issues and he ended up returning the bike.

ixx23’s point is a valid one…Why hide the fact that the CPI turned out to be less than expected? And what exactly were the problems with it? I think considering it was a pre-production sample, I can’t really see the harm in letting us know.

I’m a bit curious as well…[/quote]

Again if you read the thread you will find the answers I have been perfectly upfront about my reasons, show me you can read and regurgitate once more my answers for not keeping or replacing. And my response regarding the quality control issues. Because I refuse to retype yet again.

Try any of these
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 80#p870080](CPI 250cc Supermoto KnowledgeBase and Info Goldmine

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … &start=140

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 56#p901156](CPI 250cc Supermoto KnowledgeBase and Info Goldmine

I’ve read all of your posts…My only question is why are you so defensive and hostile? The only reason this has even come up again is that another poster is having trouble with his bike, which may or may not prove to be a quality control issue. You’ve attacked people suggesting solutions in a very aggressive manner on that thread as well, and ended up with several posts having to be taken out of the thread for personal attacks.

Do you see a pattern developing here? Maybe instead of ditzing everyone else you can offer solutions/contact info/suggestions based on past experience with the company in question…

Or you could continue blowing hostility out of your ass.

Joe
“Don’t worry–I’ve read your posts carefully and I’m satisfied with your explanation of the situation”

I’m glad someone is listening, thank you for that if only we could put a stop the antagonistic behaviour then there will be no reason for any further problems.

MJB

I’m sorry you feel that way, I have done everything in my power to be helpful and as accurate as possible even offering direct contact by phone.

And in trying to weed out red herrings I clearly caused offence to someone which was unintentional.

It’s a real pity you feel I’m the bad guy here.

[quote=“Dogma”]I understand how you feel trust me, rage is expected when you buy something new and it has problems, however rage goes away and the repercussions of rage do not go away so easily, particularly if you level a bazooka at the wrong guy.

In the meantime just give the manufacturer time to solve the issue, they have very competent engineers unlike the dealers.

Save your rage for the guy who is actually to blame after you find out what actually went wrong :wink:

No don’t go trying to fix the bike by yourself, that’s why you got a new bike, it has a warranty and should and will be taken care of by the warranty as long as you have made no modifications and have not tried to fix it yourself by dismantling it.

My suggestions only point to trying to find some way to replicate the error so as to identify the direct action that results in the malfunction if at all possible, the reason for this is simply to save time in the diagnosis which you may or may not want to do.

Please note carefully, if you are separated from your bike by handing it over to the dealer take pictures of the whole bike in as much detail as possible and find some way to verify the date the pictures were taken nothing sucks so bad as having your bike returned to you with some new damage and being told that it was like that when you gave it to them.

I suggested the electrical system because it sounds like the problem is intermittent and may be the result of a short created by a clipped electrical wire or an exposed electrical wire (which causes a short when exposed to water) both of which can be caused by incorrect handling of the bike during shipping or during the fitment of aftermarket parts like a luggage rack I could be wrong but this sounds more likely as does the idea that it could be the result of an incorrectly secured connection or fuse.

I could be wrong but the idea that the fuel providing system has been compromised would mean a considerable sized or quantity of contaminant has been introduced in one or more very different isolated areas in the fuel supply system each of which have safety’s in place to prevent just such an occurrence. Between the tank and the tap there should be a filter mesh, between the line and the carburettor there is a fuel filter and the carb itself has a bowl to allow it to operate with a small amount of contaminants inside. The build up of contaminants in any of theses safety’s will cause intermittant fuel supply initially and should not cause the cut out you have described, you would experience a feeling as if the bike was being turned off and then turned on again suddenly, this feeling would be repetitive as you open and close the throttle to try to keep the bike going. This is unlikely because for the source of this contaminant to be from the manufacturer would be gross incompetence but possible because the source could be from the dealer or the gas station. But I don’t feel this i likely in your case.

Maybe I am wrong, there is more information I would like to have and would prefer a two way real time discussion if I cannot see the problem for myself, but given the information provided this is the best I can think of.

CPI will take care of you though, you can trust that. If you have any concerns you can get my number from Sandman and feel free to call me and I can help put your mind to rest or give you any information you need from my experiences dealing with them.[/quote][quote=“Dogma”][quote=“maunaloa”]I predict that if the dealer fails to fix it after three tries, CPI will provide a new bike.
Dali City does have Internet service.[/quote]

Um don’t think so…

Do you think they monitor English language forums or any forums for that matter?

Getting a new bike will require a recognition on either the part of the manufacturer or the agent that they committed a grievous lawful error that can not be solved with a repair. In which case the party liable will have to bear the cost of a new bike.

Vehicles have warranties not money back guarantees. BMW will not give you a new car if the injectors or electronics fail on the second day, they will simply fix it, however long it takes.

Don’t set expectations unreasonably high unless you want to see more unhappiness, the best that can be hoped for here would be a quick and permanent repair.

Best to get the CPI engineer directly involved with the dealer and yourself so you have an open line of communication so the CPI engineer can suggest the quickest course of action to resolve the problem.[/quote]
Looks like hepful information to me. There was a bunch more helpful stuff he posted in the SM250 thread too.

I have to admit that now i am very disappointed at the mods, i write a post on a topic about a guy that has problems with his brand new bike, i said what i think and gave my points and actually contributed to the topic, then comes the not so friendly dogma and writes shit about my comment and dears me to answer getting off the topic, then i politely answer and the mods erase my answer… what is wrong with you guys? i thought that Forumosa was out of the limits of the Taiwan bullshit but i am getting very disappointed about that, how come i am not out of topic and then i am erase and some guy, that one of this days will find me, dears me every single time that i talk about CPI and u guys dont do anything? this is a complain to freedom of posting and what do i need to do to stop being bother by a childish member? should i PM all the mods every single day to see if i am listen or what?
sorry guys but in this one and some other ones u fucked up…
what now, will you erase my ID because i say what i think and complain?

[quote=“Dogma”]
MJB

I’m sorry you feel that way, I have done everything in my power to be helpful and as accurate as possible even offering direct contact by phone.

And in trying to weed out red herrings I clearly caused offence to someone which was unintentional.

It’s a real pity you feel I’m the bad guy here.[/quote]

I never said anyone was the bad guy…I’m just pointing out that you are using a shotgun approach and blasting anyone you don’t agree with. It supersedes your earlier, very informative posts regarding the product.

The pity is that in order for a potential buyer to get to the meat of the information regarding the bike, he’ll have to wade through pages of personal attacks. I’d throw my hands up in the air after reading a couple of these bickering posts and look elsewhere for info…Which is a real shame after all of your excellent reviews on the bike.

I work in manufacturing, and know better than most what it’s like trying to iron out unforeseen bugs on a new product. I thought you’d take this on board when reading my posts, both back on the 18th when I specifically stated yours was a pre production model, and last night when you accused me of being illiterate.

I’m not accusing you of anything…Just tone down the sarcasm a bit.

[quote=“omerojs”]I have to admit that now I am very disappointed at the mods, i write a post on a topic about a guy that has problems with his brand new bike, I said what I think and gave my points and actually contributed to the topic, then comes the not so friendly dogma and writes shit about my comment and dears me to answer getting off the topic, then i politely answer and the mods erase my answer… what is wrong with you guys? i thought that Forumosa was out of the limits of the Taiwan bullshit but I am getting very disappointed about that, how come I am not out of topic and then I am erase and some guy, that one of this days will find me, dears me every single time that i talk about CPI and u guys dont do anything? this is a complain to freedom of posting and what do I need to do to stop being bother by a childish member? should i PM all the mods every single day to see if I am listen or what?
sorry guys but in this one and some other ones u fucked up…
what now, will you erase my ID because I say what I think and complain?[/quote]

I’m sorry you are disappointed…The mods in question felt that the string of personal attacks were unhelpful in the thread and the posts that were questionable flamed. They weren’t erased, just moved to a moderator viewed only section of the website.

Yeah sorry , I went on a bit of rampage last nite from the frustration of having to repeat myself on the same issues but added to that the pain of typing while having a broken arm and the lack of quality sleep that comes with it.

I was also sure that I had explained myself clearly on the MX bike purchase when it was raised in the cpi thread but I can longer find it there or anywhere so being asked about it again was probably justified.