Acer vs. Asus - Tablet

I’m thinking about buying a Tablet PC here in Taiwan. But I’m not sure which taiwanese brand to choose: Acer or Asus…
Important points for me are:

• battery time
  • display resolution
  • maybe the price
  • fast CPU/processor
    Does someone has a bit of experience with these brands?
    Thank you !

your battery time, display resolution and fast CPU/Processor requirements seems to go against one another.

Regardless, I’m gonna suggest you get an Asus. Since that Italian Lanci guy laid off most of Acer’s R&D, Asus has clearly pulled ahead. But the blame doesn’t just belong to Lanci, as Acer decision makers missed the tablet smart phone markets all by themselves.

If you look at reviews online, I think Asus is fairly well regarded. I can’t say enough good things about our 2013 Nexus 7, which is manufactured by Asus.

by the way, ASUS makes a truck load of products that can be categorized as a tablet. There are the transformers (laptop/tablet), the padfones (smartphone/tablet), the fonepads (tablet/smartphone), the actual tablets (Nexus 7 and Asus self branded tablets).

I think they make solid devices and when your device have an issue, they will usually fix it for you, offer you a temp phone in the mean time, and extend your warranty when it is fixed.

Yes, I already saw that the Nexus 7 has very good reats in online reviews!
What can you recommend about where to buy an Asus Tablet here in Taipei? Online? Asus store? Guang Hua Digital Plaza? Or are the prices everywhere the same?

I bought quite a few Asus pcs over the years without problem mostly. worth considering.

Sent from my K00L using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I bought the 2013 Nexus 7 with 32GB and Wifi. 8.500 NT at the Digital Plaza, I think the price is okay. I went to different shops, the highest was 9.500 NT.
After using it a little bit, I’m impressed of the processor speed and the display quality !

I wouldn’t get Asus, or Acer, not the best screens or overall quality

I’d either get the samsung 10.1 Note 2014 (available now), or wait 4-6 months for their newest notebooks (the PRO series) to hit Taiwan, get a 10 inch tab or the 12 incher

Oh, and the 10.1 2014 Note can make/receive phone calls…

But you’d look awfully funny holding up a 10-inch tablet to your ear…

Wi-Fi tablets are great, but the problem is you need WiFi access. In such cases I sometimes use my smartphone as a portable hotspot for my tablet.

But you’d look awfully funny holding up a 10-inch tablet to your ear…

Wi-Fi tablets are great, but the problem is you need WiFi access. In such cases I sometimes use my smartphone as a portable hotspot for my tablet.[/quote]
Ha, rather, you would look funny. I, on the other hand, would use bluetooth earpiece or bluetooth thin phone.
WIFI? Just get 3G

10 inches,blue tooth headset etc. Seems a lot of expense and hassle for another Facebook, Youtube, Angry Birds machine.

In theory that’s what you would do…

most of the time you’ve shutoff your bluetooth to save battery power, removed your earpiece due to discomfort, or your bluetooh device would be out of power… so in a hurry to get the phone call, you would still put the tablet next to your ear, and it would look rather funny.

Seems I’m smarter than you then, if your theory and reality is so far apart.
These responses are so far off topic. Even mine was a bit. The point is, which of the Taiwanese tablets are a good buy-or as an aside, is there a better alternative (that’s not an Apple product) available in Taiwan? I suggested Samsung 10.1 Note 2014-but personally I’m waiting for an upgrade version since reviews show it to be a little laggy.

[quote=“Kea”]I wouldn’t get Asus, or Acer, not the best screens or overall quality
[/quote]
What’s wrong with Asus screens? We have the 2013 Nexus 7 and a Transformer Infinity, and the screens are great.

[quote=“SlowRain”][quote=“Kea”]I wouldn’t get Asus, or Acer, not the best screens or overall quality
[/quote]
What’s wrong with Asus screens? We have the 2013 Nexus 7 and a Transformer Infinity, and the screens are great.[/quote]

I can only agree… Nexus 7 screen has a great quality, even if you look from very low angle.

I fully agree about the Nexus 7 2013. Not about the others. There are tablets with better screens and other specs.
The Nexus 7 would be great if it were call enabled. Otherwise it’s too small. If there’s an updated Nexus 10 later this year…

The Transformer Infinity has a nice screen, too, and that’s older technology. However, it is slower than the Nexus 7. I can’t comment on Acer because I have no experience with them. The next Nexus 10 might be worth waiting for.

One thing to be careful of is the skins some of these manufacturers put on their phones and tablets. They can be an absolute pig on resources. I’m mostly a Nexus convert now.

I’d prefer something like a new Nexus 10 with phone capability-and I’d use a blue tooth thin phone. However, I might have to go for a Samsung Pro series tablet since nexus tablets don’t allow calls.Maybe the Nexus 10 line will be discontinued, there’s all sorts of speculation at the moment.
The Asus fonepad is a nice idea, but I’d more like to see a top of the line 10 inch tablet with a slot in the back for a simple blue tooth phone receiver. Or a case with a slot for the phone receiver…it would be possible to have an extremely thin phone that could slot onto the back of a 10 inch tablet.

this loks perfect:
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4