Acorn 'Exposer' Looking at 10 yrs for Criminal Activity

The sad fact of the stunt is that I bet his financial backers are gushing forth the cash in ever-increasing numbers.

Good background piece on the gentlemen in question. From the NY Times of all places.

High Jinks to Handcuffs for Landrieu Provocateurs

(Liberals hate to be ridiculed or laughed at. A lot of people just have a hard time imaging conservatives as pranksters)

I still have no seen or read any mention of any wire-tapping equipment being in the possession of the persons involved nor of anything indicating that this was their intention. At this point that line of accusation looks be unsupported.

The guy deserves 10 years just for his sunglasses…

… and another 20 for the festering camel hide he’s wrapped in. Can’t Republicans afford real clothes? What’s up with the right wing these days?

See…I told ya…can’t take the ridicule…heh heh heh:sunglasses:

[quote=“urodacus”]The guy deserves 10 years just for his sunglasses…

… and another 20 for the festering camel hide he’s wrapped in. Can’t Republicans afford real clothes? What’s up with the right wing these days?[/quote]
He never wore the pimp getup to the ACORN offices. He just spliced in footage to make it look like he did.

No. Top government officials don’t like having persons use fraud and disguises to sneak into their offices for unknown purposes, but seemingly to tap their phone lines or otherwise interfere with important business they are conducting.

And, apparently many conservatives don’t find it funny either.

[quote]“If they were doing that, it’s Watergate,” Fox News commentator Glenn Beck said on his radio program Wednesday. "That’s insanely stupid, and illegal – if it’s true.

“You don’t do anything illegal. That’s Watergate territory,” he said. “You just don’t do that. Besides that, I don’t think you even go dressed up. It’s a senator, for the love of Pete, it’s a senator.”

O’Keefe’s partner in the ACORN videos, Florida college student Hannah Giles, also dissociated herself from O’Keefe’s alleged tactics at Landrieu’s office. “I am shocked by the reports of this behavior,” she said in a statement. “I am well aware that following the law is an integral part of being a good investigative journalist.”

Conservative commentator Patrick J. Buchanan expressed disbelief over the allegations of criminal behavior in an interview on MSNBC’s “Hardball.”

“If this is true, this seems like an absurd act,” Buchanan said. “If that’s what they’re doing, bugging her – the New Orleans office of a United States senator? What in heaven’s name do they think they’re going to pick up?”

Conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, who had previously praised O’Keefe for his videos attacking ACORN, wrote that O’Keefe’s arrest should “be a lesson to aspiring young conservatives.”

“Know your limits,” Malkin wrote. “Know the law. Don’t get carried away. And don’t become what you are targeting.”[/quote]
latimes.com/news/nation-and- … 8390.story

[quote=“Okami”]http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/26/wait-until-the-facts-are-in/

Read it and then get back to me.[/quote]Are you thinking Breitbart’s website will offer reasonably detailed coverage? Wasn’t pimp James O’Keefe’s salary paid in part by Breitbart?

Stan Dai, "the fourth is alleged to have waited outside in a car with a listening device that could pick up transmissions. " Like Ooooops… shhhhHH!

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote]Conservative commentator Patrick J. Buchanan expressed disbelief over the allegations of criminal behavior in an interview on MSNBC’s “Hardball.”

“If this is true, this seems like an absurd act,” Buchanan said. “If that’s what they’re doing, bugging her – the New Orleans office of a United States senator? What in heaven’s name do they think they’re going to pick up?”[/quote][/quote]Great question “Buchanan”.
What sort of ‘intel’ could have been compromised? “Nothing”, right?

[quote=“SENATE BURGLARY: CIA DOMESTIC BLACK-OP TEAM ARRESTED”]All 4 Involved In Senate Homeland Security Break-In Are CIA “N-O-C” Agents
January 30, 2010

One of the projects subject to spying by this CIA/Israeli operation is the SENATE HOMELAND SECURITY COMMITTEE, more specifically…

CURRENT HEARINGS SUBJECT TO THIS ESPIONAGE ATTACK INVOLVE:

• Intelligence reform in the aftermath of the Christmas terrorist attack
  • Overviews of contracting corruption in Afghanistan
  • Planning for securing America’s diplomats around the world
  • The Terrorist Reform and Terrorist Prevention Act (IRTPA)
  • Investigating the root causes of the Ft. Hood attack
  • Securing America from financial crimes
  • America’s Defense from Cyber Attack
  • Development plans for “post surge” Afghanistan

CURRENT CONTRACTING OVERSIGHT RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Overseeing all USAID reconstruction contracts in Afghanistan
  • Investigating massive corruption tied to the US Embassy in Kabul
  • Overseeing all US contractors used in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world in regard to corrupt practices and cost overruns
  • Detecting and Prosecuting Contractor Fraud[/quote]
    Not that I’m condoning illegal wiretaps, but who WOULDN’T want to hear more about…
    [ul][li]Securing America from financial crimes[/li]
    [li]America’s Defense from Cyber Attack[/li]
    [li]Overseeing war contractors[/li][/ul]
    How many zeros would you guess those recordings would be worth? Only 8?

Good Lord…if you’re gong to use that nut-bag Duff as a source you have completely lost any and all credibility.

You are well and truly at the bottom of the barrel.

BTW…you might consider all the apologies and ‘updates’ that have been done regarding wrong and false stories on McNeil and these dumbasses’ visit to Landrieus office.

[quote=“j.scholl”][quote=“Okami”]http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/26/wait-until-the-facts-are-in/

Read it and then get back to me.[/quote]Are you thinking Breitbart’s website will offer reasonably detailed coverage? Wasn’t pimp James O’Keefe’s salary paid in part by Breitbart?[/quote]
J.S. -
Uhhh…to answer your question…that would be no.

Retraction Request: MSNBC’s David Shuster

Its always better to have the facts before you post. Blog rumors are rarely as credible as going to the original source.

[quote]“if you’re gong to use … Duff as a source”[/quote]Almost sounds like you’re trying to dismiss any and all sensitivities to this being a Senator’s office?

The 3 that jumped out first…[quote][ul][li] Securing America from financial crimes[/li]
[li] America’s Defense from Cyber Attack[/li]
[li] Overseeing war contractors[/li][/ul][/quote]You have reason to doubt the Senator would have top secret classified information in and out of her offices on these topics? Please share.

Or you’re doubting that such sensitive intel would be targeted?

I know you HOPE Stan Dai didn’t actually get caught with remote listening equipment down the street.
O’Keefe’s fans include Sean Hannity, who says O’Qeefe is ‘apparently’ ‘innocent’ of a ‘mistake’ he should ‘learn from’, and most certainly did not highlight Stan Dai’s background and alleged involvement.
If you’d say Landrieu’s “pranksters” deserve to be trusted, do tell why.

We all know if this was another gang caught red-handed possibly subverting sensitive federal property, voices such as hanity oreily coulter and rush would be absolutely screaming for blood! Are they digging into Stan Dai and U.S. Attorney ‘father’ Flanagan’s relevance on the news story? No… Classic FOX?

Until next time…
Robert Flanagan’s Summary & Resume
(especially interesting: “Robert Flanagan’s Specialties”? Answer: “Related Coursework:” )

[quote=“j.scholl”][quote]“if you’re gong to use … Duff as a source”[/quote]Almost sounds like you’re trying to dismiss any and all sensitivities to this being a Senator’s office?

The 3 that jumped out first…[quote][ul][li] Securing America from financial crimes[/li]
[li] America’s Defense from Cyber Attack[/li]
[li] Overseeing war contractors[/li][/ul][/quote]You have reason to doubt the Senator would have top secret classified information in and out of her offices on these topics? Please share.

Or you’re doubting that such sensitive intel would be targeted? [/quote]

Given O’Keefe’s previous activities with the purpose of exposing and embarrassing, what would be the point of going after that kind sensitive intel, unless he could prove Senator Landrieus had done something embarassing? O’Keefe’s MO is to uncover dirty laundry, like the Senator dodging pissed off constituents, not go Mission Impossible and steal Top Secret stuff.

Ouch, turns out he’s a hardcore racist, bigot, homophobe. No big surprise, but. . .

[quote]an activist organization that monitors hate groups has produced a photo of O’Keefe at a 2006 conference on “Race and Conservatism” that featured leading white nationalists. The photo, first published Jan. 30 on the Web site of the anti-racism group One People’s Project, shows O’Keefe at the gathering, which was so controversial even the ultra-right Leadership Institute, which employed O’Keefe at the time, withdrew its backing. But O’Keefe and fellow young conservative provocateur Marcus Epstein soldiered on to give anti-Semites, professional racists and proponents of Aryanism an opportunity to share their grievances and plans to make inroads in the GOP.

According to One People’s Project founder Daryle Jenkins, O’Keefe was manning the literature table at the gathering that brought together anti-Semites, professional racists and proponents of Aryanism. OPP covered the event at the time, sending a freelance photographer to document the gathering. Jenkins told me the table was filled with tracts from the white supremacist right, including two pseudo-academic publications that have called blacks and Latinos genetically inferior to whites: American Renaissance and the Occidental Quarterly. The leading speaker was Jared Taylor, founder of the white nationalist group American Renaissance. “We can say for certain that James O’Keefe was at the 2006 meeting with Jared Taylor. He has absolutely no way of denying that,” Jenkins said. O’Keefe’s attorney did not respond to a request for comment on his client’s role in the conference.

O’Keefe’s racial issues can be seen in many of his prior stunts, of course. The notorious ACORN videos highlighted images of himself dressed as a pimp, deceptively edited through hidden camera footage as he baited African-American office workers into making statements that could be perceived as incriminating. There were also lesser-known but equally inflammatory spectacles like the “affirmative action bake sale” O’Keefe and his conservative comrades held when they were students at Rutgers University. During the event, O’Keefe stood at a table in the center of campus offering baked goods at reduced prices to Latinos and African-Americans while whites were forced to pay exorbitant amounts. (Native Americans, he announced, would eat free.)

By O’Keefe’s own account, his racial troubles became acute when he entered the multicultural atmosphere of Rutgers University’s dormitory system. In an online diary that has since been scrubbed from the Web (but not before being captured on Daily Kos), he wrote that he was forced to live on an all-black dormitory floor after refusing to live with the gay roommate he was initially assigned. O’Keefe claimed his next roommate was “an Indian midget … who smelled like shit.” The roommate left, however, and was replaced by “a greek kid.” The new roommate complained to a residential administrator that O’Keefe had called his neighbors “niggers,” prompting the school to expel him from the dorm. . .

O’Keefe met Marcus Epstein, a fellow ideologue who as editor of a conservative publication at the College of William and Mary assailed Martin Luther King Jr. for “philandering and plagiarism” and challenged his patriotism and Christianity.

Together, O’Keefe and Epstein planned an event in August 2006 that would wed their extreme views on race with their ambitions. Epstein invited white nationalist Jared Taylor and homophobic white-grievance peddler John Derbyshire of the National Review to speak at the Leadership Institute’s Northern Virginia headquarters, at a mock symposium called “Race and Conservatism.”

According to a post on the white supremacist Web site Stormfront, Taylor and Derbyshire debate “the role of race in policy decisions and the racial future of the Republican party.”

When the Southern Poverty Law Center denounced Taylor’s participation in the event, sparking damaging publicity for the Institute, Epstein shifted it across the street, where he played host under the auspices of a “traditionalist” group he founded called the Robert A. Taft Club. O’Keefe joined him after the last-minute move. A speaker from the right-wing black front group Project 21, founded by white conservative David Almasi to shill for corporate clients and provide cover for conservative politicians, was added at the last minute. . .

Epstein’s career unraveled in June 2009, when a violent racial assault he committed two years earlier was disclosed. According to a court affidavit, Epstein had karate-chopped a random African-American woman in the face and called her a “nigger” during a drunken late-night romp bar-hopping on Washington’s M Street in 2007, leading to his arrest by an off-duty Secret Service agent. He signed a plea bargain requiring him to attend alcohol rehabilitation courses and donate $1,000 to the United Negro College Fund as a token of his contrition.

Meanwhile, O’Keefe lost his job at the Leadership Institute in 2008 for a prank call he made to an Ohio-based Planned Parenthood clinic. During the call, O’Keefe offered a donation to the clinic on the condition that it would be earmarked to pay for aborting African-American fetuses. “Because there’s definitely way too many black people in Ohio,” O’Keefe remarked to the receptionist. “So, I’m just trying to do my part.” . . . [/quote]
salon.com/news/james_okeefe/inde … tionalists

J. Scholl/ M.T. -
Nice attempt at diversion, but it isn’t working.

J.S. - how about addressing the fact that the Duff column has no substantiation? It doesn’t, does it? Show the facts.

So far, the FBI, and any other LEO group, has not shown any evidence of claim to “wire-tapping” or “interfering with the Sen.'s telephone system.”
Have they?

Stupid? - Yes.
Legally actionable? - Probably.

Are all the facts in? - Not yet.

Whats that legal mantra again?..oh, yeah…“presumed innocent until proven guilty by a jury of peers”…yeah…thats the ticket.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]J. Scholl/ M.T. -
Nice attempt at diversion, but it isn’t working.[/quote]

Diverting from what, the fact that O’Keefe was busted committing a serious criminal act? Not hardly. That fact remains crystal clear. It’s just being fleshed out now with evidence of his other slimy conduct in the past.

[quote]Stupid? - Yes.
Legally actionable? - Probably.
Are all the facts in? - Not yet.[/quote]

I’d agree with points number one and three, but point number two is a definitely, you betcha. If nothing else, it’s certainly a crime to put on a disguise and lie to federal employees for the purpose of gaining unauthorized access to restricted government premises. As for attempted wiretapping, I admit that I don’t know exactly what evidence exists and I’ll be curious to see what is revealed.

However, wiretapping aside, there seems to be no question that:

• O’Keefe’s latest stunt was very stupid
  • O’Keefe’s latest stunt was a serious crime
  • O’Keefe is a racist, bigoted, homophobe (and a little punk)
  • Even most conservatives, who previously embraced him, are now doing their all to distance themselves from him

Let’s just hope that he is punished appropriately for his crime and his 15 minutes have thankfully come to an end.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
However, wiretapping aside, there seems to be no question that:

• O’Keefe’s latest stunt was very stupid
  • O’Keefe’s latest stunt was a serious crime
  • O’Keefe is a racist, bigoted, homophobe (and a little punk)
  • Even most conservatives, who previously embraced him, are now doing their all to distance themselves from him

Let’s just hope that he is punished appropriately for his crime and his 15 minutes have thankfully come to an end.[/quote]

On a side note, I think it’s rather odd that the U.S. Attorney has recused himself from the case. It might be related to the fact that O’Keefe was kept in a cell for 28 hours without being allowed legal counsel, or it might not be. We’ll see as the case unrolls before the media, tidbit at a time.

That aside MT, I’ll agree with you on #1 and #2. #3 I have an issue with and #4 I’m not entirely sure about. #3 is a longer bit so I’ll post it last. So onto #4.

I wouldn’t agree that most conservatives are trying to distance themselves from him, yet. The vast response has been “if that’s what he was doing, then he is a fool and he deserves to be punished”. That and “know the law, don’t break it”. Most conservatives are waiting to see what actually comes out before responding. They aren’t distancing themselves like the Democratic Representatives and Senators did with ACORN because the reporting on the case so far has been less than stellar. CBS claiming it’s a “Watergate style break in” or the Washington Posts’s “alleged wiretap scheme”, or as TC pointed to David Shuster’s crap on Twitter that got him into trouble with his network as being inappropriate. There has been such a volume of misinformation and retractions that conservatives are waiting to see if there is going to need to be a reason to distance themselves at all.

Now onto number 3, that he’s a racist, bigoted, homophobe. I wouldn’t take the Salon article for being very … accurate. According to what’s posted on the Daily Kos (which has issues since there is no way to verify the authenticity), O’Keefe volunteered to be moved from the original roommates. Here’s what is posted at Daily Kos:

[quote]My freshman year of college I was placed in a triple room on the second floor of Campbell. One of my roomates was gay. The other was just bizarre. Two months in I volunteered to leave and was put on an all-black, floor, the Paul Robeson floor, on Mettler 3 in November. I was placed with, no joke, an Indian midget named “Hashish” who smelled like shit. Then he transfered. I had a single. For the month of January, I never left my room. Then on Valentines day, the one year anniversary of James/Arielle, in came a greek kid named Paul. Paul was an absolute nightmare.

Then, to my horror, he actually said to the all-black RAs that I called everyone on the floor “niggers.” - a complete lie. It was my word against his. I was lead out of the room crying and screaming at him and my situation, no friends, no one one to talk to., forced to go in front of a black man, Dean Tolbert, to defend myself and help explain that I did not call anyone any names. [/quote]

Nothing about what is posted at Daily Kos makes him sound like a homophobe. If he was uncomfortable having a gay roommate, transfering would be the way to go. There’s nothing in the Salon article’s source that says the gay roommate was the issue. The Salon article doesn’t even mention that there was a third person, and by reading what’s on the Daily Kos, it sounds like the weird guy was the issue, not the gay guy.

Next the racist charge. Once again, the Salon article falls short. They provide no proof that he was expelled from the dorm at all, only that he was brought before a Dean to “defend himself” in his words. The Daily Kos article says he was kicked out of the dorms, but doesn’t link to a story in the school newspaper about a white guy getting kicked out of the dorms for racial epithets, doesn’t have any corroboration from a school official, doesn’t have any evidence that it happened!

There is also a problem with the claim from the One People’s Project and their photograph. If you find an actual photograph, not the Salon one that they doctored to make amusing, its a head and shoulders shot. It doesn’t show anything other than part of some unknown person in the background. How are we supposed to know that it was actually taken while he sat at event’s merchandise table (as claimed) when there is nothing in the picture to tell us when it was taken or where it was taken. Why would you focus on only his face and shoulders and not have the rest of the image, which would be far more damning. If he’s sitting at a table with merchandise, having the merchandise there would make it a slam dunk picture.

They don’t have any proof, other than unverified second hand accounts from four years ago that he was at the table. David Weigel, a writer for Reason Magazine, was at the event and was contacted by the photographer to confirm that O’Keefe was there. He couldn’t but “according to One People’s Project founder Daryle Jenkins, O’Keefe was manning the literature table at the gathering”. According to the guy who published the article, but wasn’t ever there, O’Keefe was at the merchandise table selling merchandise. This is what David Weigel had to say:

[quote]
Apparently, the One People’s Project is citing me as a corroborating source on the event — but there are aspects of their story I can’t confirm. While their photo of O’Keefe is definitely from the event, I took it on the photographer’s word that O’Keefe was pictured “as he maintained a literature table near the panelists.” I can personally confirm that he was there, but not that he was manning the table — nor that O’Keefe “planned” the event (as Blumenthal put it) with Marcus Epstein, who was president of the Robert Taft Club.

Here’s how I came across the story: On Jan. 27, the photographer (who goes by the name Isis) from the One People’s Project called to ask me if I had any photos of the event. She remembered seeing me there — it was one of several RTC events I attended, including one where Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) spoke. I explained that I didn’t, but compared my version of the event with hers. She told me that she had photos of the event, but the full photos had been taken by the FBI in a raid. All she had on hand were cropped headshots of people who were at the event.

She emailed me the photo of O’Keefe, and I immediately recognized him from the event. And she told me that, unfortunately, the cropping had removed the table he was sitting at, which included copies of American Renaissance magazine. I remembered the table — curious, I’d grabbed a copy of the magazine, which was, of course, incredibly racist — and took her word that the photo showed O’Keefe sitting there. In the photo, after all, we can see a man walking out the door and O’Keefe’s head is much lower than his. But could I personally confirm that O’Keefe was manning the table at an event I attended four years and several phones/cameras ago? Well, no. I suggested that the story didn’t really have legs if O’Keefe wasn’t selling literature or hadn’t planned the event, as, well, people like me had shown up. It was a debate, after all, with two people — one of them African-American — ganging up on the truly ridiculous Taylor.

Fast forward to today and the Blumenthal article. Blumenthal writes that One People’s Project founder Daryle Jenkins was the source for the “manning the table” claim. But I can’t confirm that, because I don’t remember who was at the table at any particular time. All I know is that O’Keefe was there and he was working for LI at the time.[/quote]

Is he an adherent of “gotcha” type investigative journalism? Yes he is. Except he’s going after community organizers instead of going after Ford like Michael Moore did in Roger and Me. Most of his stuff is PR stunt material, like trying to get Planned Parenthood to accept donations only if it would be used for aborting black fetuses. Is he a homophobe? There isn’t any credible proof that he is. Is he a racist? Once again, no credible proof. He certainly enjoys controversy, and having a bake sale where you sell at different prices for different ethnic groups (in regards to affirmative action in collegiate admissions) is definitely controversial.

No surprise indeed.

Uh…Oh yeah…about that Salon.com piece of BS…well, here’s the facts of the matter… :unamused:

From left: Marcus Epstein, Jared Taylor, Kevin Martin, and John Derbyshire at what Max Blumenthal dubbed “a white-nationalist confab”

[quote]
Correction Request: Max Blumenthal, Salon.com

In Max Blumenthal’s article “James O’Keefe’s race problem” for Salon.com of February 3, 2010, Mr. Blumenthal makes a number of unverifiable and provably false claims regarding James O’Keefe’s attendance at a 2006 conference called “Race and Conservatism.” Below are the list of quotes containing misinformation and an explanation of why they need to be addressed by the editors of your publication.
We kindly request corrections to all:

“According to One People’s Project founder Daryle Jenkins, O’Keefe was manning the literature table at the gathering that brought together anti-Semites, professional racists and proponents of Aryanism.”

As noted in this post here by Larry O’Connor, we contacted Mr. Jenkins, who identified David Weigel as his source for the claim that Mr. O’Keefe was manning the table. Mr. Weigel has denied that Mr. O’Keefe manned the table and has no knowledge to suggest Mr. O’Keefe was involved in the orchestration of the event at any level. In an interview with BigJournalism.com, Mr. O’Keefe denied having planned the event.

“Together, O’Keefe and Epstein planned an event in August 2006 that would wed their extreme views on race with their ambitions.”

This is false. Mr. Blumenthal offers no authority for this assertion, but even if it is implied that his source is One People’s Project’s Daryle Jenkins, Mr. Jenkins pointed to Weigel as his sole source. Mr. Weigel has denied that O’Keefe organized the event on multiple websites. In an interview with BigJournalism.com, Mr. O’Keefe denied having planned the event.

“Meanwhile, O’Keefe lost his job at the Leadership Institute in 2008 for a prank call he made to an Ohio-based Planned Parenthood clinic.”

Mr. O’Keefe left the Leadership Institute (LI) in May of 2007. He made the calls to Planned Parenthood in August 2007 and released the recording of those calls in February 2008.

“Right-wing online publicist Andrew Breitbart, hearing of the merry prankster’s exploits, hired him to carry out the ACORN operation that would make him famous.”

Mr. O’Keefe was never hired to “carry out” the ACORN operation. Mr. Breitbart played no role in the planning or production of the videos. Mr. Breitbart’s has an agreement with Mr. O’Keefe to tell his story at Breitbart’s “Big Sites.”

“The photo, first published Jan. 30 on the Web site of the anti-racism group One People’s Project, shows O’Keefe at the gathering, which was so controversial even the ultra-right Leadership Institute, which employed O’Keefe at the time, withdrew its backing.”

The Leadership Institute did not “withdraw its backing,” nor had it “backed” the event to begin with. Mr. Blumenthal’s claim also does not stand up to reason. It is a leap on his behalf to claim that the event was too controversial for the “ultra-right Leadership Institute” (Blumenthal’s characterization), but not for Georgetown University (where the event was ultimately held) and for author John Derbyshire, whose work regularly appears in the pages of what is perhaps America’s conservative flagship publication, National Review.

“By O’Keefe’s own account, his racial troubles became acute when he entered the multicultural atmosphere of Rutgers University’s dormitory system.”

Mr. O’Keefe has given no such account. He did, however, in an interview with BigJournalism.com, deny both that his “racial troubles became acute when he entered the multicultural atmosphere of Rutgers University’s dormitory system” and that he ever gave an account of that nature.

Aside from the aforementioned falsehoods in Mr. Blumenthal’s article, he repeatedly manipulated facts to further impugn Mr. O’Keefe’s character:

“O’Keefe’s racial issues can be seen in many of his prior stunts, of course. The notorious ACORN videos highlighted images of himself dressed as a pimp, deceptively edited through hidden camera footage as he baited African-American office workers into making statements that could be perceived as incriminating.”

It is dubius to conflate Mr. O’Keefe’s ACORN exposé with “racial issues,” particularly since the subjects of the investigations at ACORN Philadelphia and ACORN San Bernardino were white women. It can only be inferred from this passage that Mr. O’Keefe deliberately targeted black people, despite the fact that his exposés featured people of many races and both sexes.

[i]" There [the Leadership Institute], O’Keefe met Marcus Epstein, a fellow ideologue who as editor of a conservative publication at the College of William and Mary assailed Martin Luther King Jr. for “philandering and plagiarism” and challenged his patriotism and Christianity.

Together, O’Keefe and Epstein planned an event in August 2006 that would wed their extreme views on race with their ambitions."[/i]

Mr. Blumenthal makes a repeated effort throughout his column to imply a close link between James O’Keefe and Marcus Epstein. During the brief time O’Keefe and Epstein were working for the Leadership Institute concurrently (by O’Keefe’s estimate, this lasted three months or less), they were two of more than a hundred staffers. Mr. Epstein was one of approximately 60 field representatives and was assigned to South Carolina. O’Keefe and Epstein have had no other connections before or since. Asking readers to hold Mr. O’Keefe accountable for the attitudes and actions of one of his more than one hundred co-workers is irresponsible.

[i]" Together, O’Keefe and Epstein planned an event in August 2006 that would wed their extreme views on race with their ambitions. Epstein invited white nationalist Jared Taylor and homophobic white-grievance peddler John Derbyshire of the National Review to speak at the Leadership Institute’s Northern Virginia headquarters, at a mock symposium called “Race and Conservatism.”

According to a post on the white supremacist Web site Stormfront, Taylor and Derbyshire debated “the role of race in policy decisions and the racial future of the Republican party.”

When the Southern Poverty Law Center denounced Taylor’s participation in the event, sparking damaging publicity for the Institute, Epstein shifted it across the street, where he played host under the auspices of a “traditionalist” group he founded called the Robert A. Taft Club. O’Keefe joined him after the last-minute move. A speaker from the right-wing black front group Project 21, founded by white conservative David Almasi to shill for corporate clients and provide cover for conservative politicians, was added at the last minute."[/i]

Apparently, Mr. Blumenthal found it irrelevant to mention anywhere in the article that Kevin Martin(SEE ABOVE PHOTO) was one of the three participants in the debate. Mr. Martin happens to be black and was in charge of African-American Leadership Coalition at the time.

The sum total of these errors and manipulations is the rape of a name and is unworthy of any website, paper, or magazine that is meant to be considered a news source. BigJournalism.com requests speedy corrections and retractions commensurate with the damage done.

Thank you.[/quote]

Frankly, any one hateful enough to use this Salon.com article as an attack piece deserves to be sued for slander also…IMO.

And as for anyone to actually believe the piece…man, you got some serious [i]“Stuck-On-Stupid”[/i] issues.

As they say on The Shopping Channel…“But Wait…There’s more!”

I love the smell of burning liberals in the afternoon…Smells like…Victory!

Correction Report: The Village Voice

Black Debater From ‘Race and Conservatism’ Event Defends O’Keefe, Slams Blumenthal

Washington Independent: O’Keefe Not Involved with Forum

A Response to Max Blumenthal

Hmmmm…looks like somebody named Max, son of Sidney, Blumenthal is in for some legal problems.

Yes indeed, Salon took rather big swings at Breitbart/FOX’s skinny pimpled darling O’Keefe.[quote]Did O’Keefe or his pals ever actually “ask the staff” whether the phones worked? That will become clearer if and when the videos that are now in federal custody are released, but the FBI complaint doesn’t mention any such inquiry. The more pertinent question for now is why Flanagan and Basel sought access to the telephone closet. If they weren’t planning to install a listening device, what did they have in mind for Landrieu’s phones? The FBI believes they were plotting to tamper “maliciously” with the federal government phone system – the “people’s phones,” as O’Keefe might say.

(Photo by Isis/Salon composite)
James O’Keefe, photographed at a white
nationalist conference by One People’s Project.[/quote]