Action Asia X Trail Race Maokong (June 5th 2010)

A friend is flying in from HK for the Action Asia Maokong trail race on June 5th.

There will be two distances, an 8 kilometer and a 16 kilometer. I am not a trail racer, so I won’t be participating. Also, I have no affiliation with either the event or Action Asia. Just posting the event for those who like to bust their thigh muscles, and also to provide some people for said friend to run past. :slight_smile:
MT, you gonna go for it?

Start training, if you’re going to enter! See the links below for routes, map and sign-up forms.

Event map:
actionasiaevents.com/index.p … t&Itemid=7

Trail map:
actionasiaevents.com/attachm … 202010.pdf

Registration form:
actionasiaevents.com/attachm … 5%2010.pdf

Yep, I will go for the 8km. I have no idea how I’ll do, probably last and walking the whole way :wink: . Teggs and I will check out the course mid May, so I’ll have a better idea then how difficult it is.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=68559&start=70

[quote=“Kea”]Yep, I will go for the 8km. I have no idea how I’ll do, probably last and walking the whole way :wink: . Teggs and I will check out the course mid May, so I’ll have a better idea then how difficult it is.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=68559&start=70[/quote]

Great! I’ll appreciate if you could let me know when you’ll check the route out. If possible I’ll tag along and scope it out for my bud.

What! Help the opposition? I’m too competitive for that. Hmm, maybe. OK then.

Not sure if I’m competing against him, since I’ll be attempting to enter in the over 50 years old female section.

What! Help the opposition? I’m too competitive for that. Hmm, maybe. OK then.

Not sure if I’m competing against him, since I’ll be attempting to enter in the over 50 years old female section.[/quote]

He’ll be in the male 40~49 category and running the full 16 ks, so no need to fear.

At this stage, teggs and I will probably do it on May 8th. You are very welcome to join us. I’m not sure the pace we’ll set, nor if we’ll do the 8 or 16 km route. Anyone else out for a casual jog is welcome. I will post further updates on the trail running thread in the Fitness section, watch out for it there. I’m looking for something heavy to put in teggs’ bag since he’s so fit. :laughing:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=68559&start=70

They now have over 250 people registered for this race. Lot of us here in HK are flying over for the event. Further details and updates available on the Action Asia website …

http://www.actionasiaevents.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&view=details&id=87:taiwan_run_2010&Itemid=7

See you out there.

Just confirmed … 6 time World Champion mountain racer Jonathon Wyatt will give a FREE talk/presentation on Thursday 3rd June, 7:15-8:15pm in Taipei (location to be confirmed).

For further details, visit http://www.ActionAsiaevents.com

As soon as the location is confirmed, I will post again.