Active Topics That are In Temp

Is there a reason why active topics that are in Temp don’t show under “Active Topics”? As moderator of the Temp Forum, I feel it’s my duty to ask.

flob.me/p1103294

No doubt a subtle ploy to ensure that Temp threads get more attention because people will go directly to the Temp forum to wallow in the creme of the creme, so to speak.

creme’ de la creme’

top shelf stuff

primo blend

best of show

etc…time for my shower…bye bye!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Some of the biggest gems, banished to the nether regions, are floundering in Temp. No disrespect to Admin, but can they explain this pasteurization to us lesser mortals?

Aw, who cares? S’no biggie, shurely?

But I, personally, and a lot of Flobbers have always clicked on “Active” to see what daily bitching is happening. Ultimately, most of the ruder and often more acute analyses are temped. So, does that mean that we have to ache our poor little mousies to breaking point in order to get our daily fix of Tommy and Tainan Cowboy?

pray put some spotlight. What is the difference entre active and new. What is new is not dormant, and what stays active renews itself no??? I am a newbee.

You could just go direct to temp, without accidentally reading non-temped posts.

But that would require accessing the Main Menu and t/scrolling down. A right pain in the nether regions.

Well, Ms Divea, “Active Topics” shows only posts that haven’t been temped. Being a creature of habit, this takes a lot of acclimatization for me; and I’m sure, for many. Having to flip between “new” and “active” is a bit unnecessary, I think.

aww I just use my right hand :roflmao:

New posts are specific to the Forumosan who has logged in - they are all the threads with posts that have a new post since the last time that Forumosan has logged in. So if you log once a week, or 1 or 2 times a month, you see a different (larger) list than the Active Topics.

Active Topics are not defined by who clicked on the link. So it is useful for people who are not logged in. If you visit Forumosa very often (more than once a day), then the NEW and Active Topics pages are going to look pretty similar.

In addition to going directly to the Temporary Forum, you can subscribe to the Temp Forum RSS Feed and set this up in your browser (FF and IE) or Google reader. The URL for the feed is feed.php?f=110 – this is a new built-in feature of the upgrade and I’ll add links to all the forums with feeds to the Site Map eventually. Unfortunately, this method and directly going to the Temp forum both require that you are logged into Forumosa.

Just get an address in TEMP like I did. Sides not only cream floats to the top :slight_smile:

Jimi just click on NEW or OWN. New will click on topics that are new to you, but make sure you are signed in or anything in TEMP wont show. Click on OWN to see topics where you are involved in. These two links work great.

bookmark the temp forum. or bookmark new posts. or whatever: use that as your gateway to the wonderful world of forumosa.

I have to side with jimipressley on this one. Why don’t they leave it like it was before? I already had my bookmark set to Active Topics. Now I have to change it to New. Why don’t they have a Pwn option?

[quote]New posts are specific to the Forumosan who has logged in - they are all the threads with posts that have a new post since the last time that Forumosan has logged in. So if you log once a week, or 1 or 2 times a month, you see a different (larger) list than the Active Topics.

Active Topics are not defined by who clicked on the link. So it is useful for people who are not logged in. If you visit Forumosa very often (more than once a day), then the NEW and Active Topics pages are going to look pretty similar.[/quote]

Thanks. i get it now.

Doesn’t matter a whit. That’s the great thing about the Flob – you have the comforting knowledge that you can log in every hour, every day, every week, every month, every year, or even every three or four years, and you KNOW that the posts will be EXACTLY the same. Its like mince and tatties for me. Probably more akin to a nice plate of daal and chapattis for Divea. Or a well-barbecued Boerwurst for JimiPee.

Yeah. It’s comforting :slight_smile:

I don’t really want to know about the supposed big gems in your nether regions, jimi.