Activities for toddlers in Taipei?

We will be visiting relatives in Taipei for a few weeks this fall, and will be bringing a 22 month old toddler to the island for the first time. She can understand Mandarin and English. We were wondering if anyone has any recommendations for interesting activities or playgroups, because she will go bonkers inside the in-laws’ small apartment. I know about the zoo, and markets, but any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Given her language ability, maybe she could go to work for Kojen…they like young teachers… :laughing:

What part of the city will you be in? There is a large playgroup in Tienmu, Mothers in Action, sponsored by the Community Services Center at www.community.com.tw

There is also a group that meets a couple of times in the city; Wed 10~12 and Friday 3~5.

You can also take a look at parentpages.net/phpbb2/index.php

You could always take her to Starbucks. . . .

[quote=“braxtonhicks”]What part of the city will you be in? There is a large playgroup in Tienmu (Tianmu), Mothers in Action, sponsored by the Community Services Center at www.community.com.tw

There is also a group that meets a couple of times in the city; Wed 10~12 and Friday 3~5.[/quote]

Thanks Braxtonhicks … that’s good to know. We will be staying in neihu, just a tunnel away from tianmu.

Unfortunately, the www.community.com.tw link returned an error message (specified server could not be found). could be the result of routine maintanence, or I am using a Mac. Anyway, is there a contact phone number I could call, when we arrive? We Will be there for a month, and I think this would be very helpful.

Thanks!

The Center’s number is 2836-8134.

I hope you have a good time in Taipei.