Activities that are open 24/7?

I am having issues with anxiety and lack of sleep at the moment. Today, after failing to sleep last night, I tried having a busy day and refusing sleep until this afternoon/night and felt too exhausted so nodded off at 6pm. I slept until about 9.30 and now feel mostly wide awake.

I don’t want to sit around my apartment stressing and thinking about it. That’d drive me mad. Does anyone know any 24/7 activities that are open–could be a 24/7 bowling alley, a swimming pool that’s open 24/7 … anything really. I just wanna get out and do something so im not stuck at home getting stressed over the fact that after an exhausting long day where I felt absolutely knackered by six, I managed to sleep all of two hours …

Walk in the park? It’s quite serene at night.

Yonghe Soy Milk places are open all night.

Several massage places are open all night. A few in Ximen for sure. You sound like you need a relaxing massage.

E7Play is apparently open 24/7

4 Likes

Drinking at 7-11, they are always open.

Could get some massage… or go to a men’s sauna (if that’s your thing)…

4 Likes

Gyms are generally 24/7. They kill two birds with one stone. Do resistance training.

7 Likes

Youbikes are available for rent 24/7. Exercise can really help de-stress.

6 Likes

E7PLAY 三重館
02 2976 3325

4 Likes

And biking is much less stressful at night when the streets are quiet, kinda zen really

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. I need something as it is really getting me down. I mean, when I fell asleep today at about 6 am, and then woke up and checked my clock to see it was only 9.30. I nearly cried. I felt for sure I had slept hours.

The dread of spending anothe rnight getting stressed in my apartment with nothing to do is the worse. I wish the swimming pool was open. I find that relaxing–daft annoying rules aside. But I think cycling is the best choice for now.

2 Likes

Good luck. Don’t think. Just do.

1 Like

You may try photography too. Night is challenging though. But very early in the morning can be very rewarding.

Buy a bottle of whisky from the Seven. That will put you to sleep.

1 Like

Other places open 24 hours: pool halls, indoor shrimp fishing ponds and hot springs in Beitou.

3 Likes

Let me get this straight. You cannot sleep well at night. So to prevent feeling anxiety about not sleeping well at night, you want to go out and do various activities, at night?

2 Likes

It’s actually a good technique. Stressing over not being able to sleep, bizarrely, is one of the reasons you can’t sleep.

It’s better to get up and do something until you feel sleepy. Yes, your sleep pattern will be messed up, but you will at least sleep.

I would suggest to the OP that simply reading works quite well. Not on a cellphone. An actual paper book. Something you’re interested in, not something boring. It doesn’t involve going outside, but it’s pretty effective.

5 Likes

some KTV are open 24/7, they have foods and drinks, booze included.

I have been to this one a few times, it’s huge>

3 Likes

Yea doing anything in the parts of the US, many EU countries past 10pm is almost impossible. Taiwan seems like they don’t sleep.

Just beware of speeding vehicles at night.

1 Like

Sure, stressing over not being able to sleep is bad. But, most people who complain about their sleep do stupid things.

Just adding manga cafe and hardware stores to the list.

1 Like

Hardware stores are only open M-F 9-5.