Actually I am interested in your views about Diaoyu Islands

Do you think China will go to war with Japan if Japan insists in clobbering the islands?

And it does seem that Japan is not going to spit those islands out.

Or do you think China will just parade a few warships, make a few rounds of talks and… idle?

What about Japan… Will Japan be preparing a war with China? Do you think Japan will back off and return the islands? Do you think USA will join Japan in an war effort against China over the islands?

What makes you think China ever had the islands in the first place? Didn’t they just start making a noise around 1970 when they found out about some possible oil reserves near the islands?

First i thought someone got his English wrong… then i read this in the open forum:

[quote=“sincityhenry”]Yeah, I read about Diao Yu islands and such, and there have been some thoughts. Far away from Taiwan, Singaporeans won’t generally feel much. But I know this sort of disputes can be very explosive.

Besides, how Japan thinks is really funny. What makes it think that Japan can clobber the islands…? I mean, if you want to rob a person, you see his muscle, you see the guns he got, you look at your skinny self… won’t you think twice?

But Japan just simply wants to clobber.

I have no political ideas. Just some ‘interested’ wild thots.[/quote]
Figuring i missed something here, i looked up “clobber” and found this at thefreedictionary.com/clobber

So, benefit of the doubt and all, maybe, just maybe, some meaning i don’t know yet was intended here… (?)
But…

[quote=“sincityhenry”]And it does seem that Japan is not going to spit those islands out.

Or do you think China will just parade a few warships, make a few rounds of talks and… idle?

What about Japan… Will Japan be preparing a war with China? Do you think Japan will back off and return the islands?[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: Return the islands? “Spit them out”? You are so cute… :smiley:
Nevermind the post is a duplicate:
sincity.forumer.com/what-is-your … 97833.html

And so the circus continues: the “Australian” reporter at the CCP congress, “Buddhists” that defend the faith against the evil Tibetans, and “Singaporeans” that seem wildly curious about the backwaters of Japan but don’t know how to ask “the right” questions.

Looks like CCP is with its back against the wall already…

new leaders, same old shit.

window dressing for the masses.

This person says they want open debates but frames the debates from a mainland Chinese perspective , strange.

Actually China is a festering boil on the ass of humanity.

Hi guys,
The Daioyu/Senkaku fight inerests me too, actually.
It would have been an interesting issue even if I were at home, but now that I live within the eyesight of this funny cluster of rocks, it became WAY MORE INTERESTING :s
The China-Japan struggle is a point but I am curious to know, if the crisis worsen is there any possible involvement fro Taiwan, too? I mean, the islands are just in the Formosa’s backyard and looks difficult to think, in case of military clash, a change of situation for Taiwan. Often the subjects and the objects of an international dispute are not those clearly visible to the public, and perhaps the enhanced presence of Chinese military forces in the South China sea are also meant as an advice for Taiwanese independence.
What’s your opinion?

As a matter of fact, I am curious about interesting rocks, especially the one we’re on.

[quote=“eschatos1”]Hi guys,
It would have been an interesting issue even if I were at home, but now that I live within the eyesight of this funny cluster of rocks, it became WAY MORE INTERESTING :s
The China-Japan struggle is a point but I am curious to know, if the crisis worsen is there any possible involvement fro Taiwan, too? I mean, the islands are just in the Formosa’s backyard and looks difficult to think, in case of military clash, a change of situation for Taiwan. Often the subjects and the objects of an international dispute are not those clearly visible to the public, and perhaps the enhanced presence of Chinese military forces in the South China sea are also meant as an advice for Taiwanese independence.
What’s your opinion?[/quote]

hi, as this one is a duplicate and frankly doesn’t seam like much of a discussion, if you are interested in discussing this topic, please move to this thread:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … u#p1492581

Actually you are interested in my views about Diaoyu Islands? REEAAAAAAAALLLY? Tell me more! Tell me more!

Scatology, where on earth do you live if you can see the Senkaku Islands? Up in space?

[quote=“eschatos1”]Hi guys,
What’s your opinion?[/quote]

I don’t think it has anything to do with Taiwan:China relations really, it’s all about warning Japan and US and telling them that China is not going to be quiet anymore. It’s more like Cuba and the Soviet Union, not as obvious or as tense but that’s the way I see it.

Taiwan really has very little input one way or the other as it is Japan that controls the islands and Taiwan is in no position to piss off Japan either.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]
I don’t think it has anything to do with Taiwan:China relations really, it’s all about warning Japan and US and telling them that China is not going to be quiet anymore. It’s more like Cuba and the Soviet Union, not as obvious or as tense but that’s the way I see it.

Taiwan really has very little input one way or the other as it is Japan that controls the islands and Taiwan is in no position to piss off Japan either.[/quote]

It’s all about Taiwan. There’s no other reason to stake a claim of the Diaoyutai islands. In fact China’s claim to the islands is coupled with its claim to Taiwan.

China’s statements:
Continental Shelf theory: The shelf extends from Taiwan.
Historical theory: Island was part of Taiwan (in variations to different historical claim, but it all comes back to Taiwan).

You can say China’s there for gas or whatever, but they settled disputes with Japan and develop oil fields together in Dong-hai. So if that’s all they want, they didn’t need to flight fighter planes at those pieces of rock.

I couldn’t disagree more as I have written above. If this was about Taiwan they would make it about Taiwan. It’s all part of their Greater China and South China Sea play, establishing the demarcation zone with the US.

it is something to do with Taiwan, but Taiwan is not the reason. Collecting both Taiwan and the Senkaku would give them the whole set, as it were.

but it is more about their whole push into their neighbours’ territory. The same goes for Taiwan’s claims on the Spratleys, etc: notice that China is not at all complaining about them, because they’re trophies they hope to pick up automatically when they “regain” Taiwan (which was never the PRC’s anyway, but that’s another issue).

Classic expansionism, just not called that by the Chinese themselves, of course. Only by people interfering with China’s internal affairs.