Acupuncture & Chinese meds for migraines?

A friend suffers from severe migraines.
I have found information online regarding acupuncture and herbal medicine as a key preventative measure for migraines, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this here in Taiwan.
Does it really work?
Is there an acupuncturist you would recommend, or a Chinese doctor?
My friend has limited Chinese, so English is important.
Thanks for your help.

Hi, you person! I had Chinese medicine for migraine a year or two ago and it seemed to work well. If you wait till next week when Jojo gets back from Oz, I can give you more details. I DO remember that it wasn’t cheap at all.
Also Mark Mondeaux does acupuncture for migraine, I believe.

By the way, you must have the most morbid of all the Segue handles!

Sandman,
:shock: “We covet what we see everyday”

I know of Mark Mondeaux, but my friend is a bit apprehensive about acupuncture so I need to convince her of its merits. If you have Mark’s contact, please post here or message me. Thanks.

[quote=“fredericka bimmel”]Sandman,
:shock: “We covet what we see everyday”

I know of Mark Mondeaux, but my friend is a bit apprehensive about acupuncture so I need to convince her of its merits. If you have Mark’s contact, please post here or message me. Thanks.[/quote]

Well in that case, Mark Mondot (not Mondeaux, sorry) would be your man – he’s extremely nice and has a very soothing “bedside manner.” He’s also of course native-English-speaking, really knows what he’s doing and is very good at explaining exactly what he wants to do and why.

He’s also very big and strong, so he’s dead good at jamming those needles all the way in (oops, I hope your friend isn’t reading over your shoulder!)

I’ll give you his contact info tomorrow.

“Tell me Clarisse, do you still hear the lambs?”