Adda adda water bill!

Hi
I’m housesitting someones 3 bedroom house in Hsintien. Only 2 ppl live here now…the bill came for August ONLY…NT$ 1400. My bill at my apartment is usually never more than NT$ 300. I messaged the people I’m housesitting for and they say yes, that’s normal.

Is there a hidden swimming pool I’m not aware of? Is this really possible?!

Maybe they’re using perrier.

Maybe they wash more. :wink:

I cut my bill by over sixty percent just by putting new washers and valves in the toilet cistern, the washing machine and the shower (I live in an old apartment). Cost me about NT$800 for the parts and the tools and has saved me about NT$700 a month since then. If they have any leaks or old, improperly-fitted equipment the bill could easily be as high as you said.

Yikes, those are some big water bills. I’m currently living in a house with a grassy yard. That’s a lot of water usage, but my monthly bill has never been more than NT$400 per month.

That’s because you’re not running a grow-op. Those damn Canadians!!

I’m one of those weird people who turns the shower off to lather my body or my hair. My water bills are always crazy low.

Ah, yes, if you need to water your “vegetables” I guess you’ll have a higher bill…

:eh:

[quote=“Battery9”]Hi
I’m housesitting someones 3 bedroom house in Xindian. Only 2 people live here now…the bill came for August ONLY…NT$ 1400. My bill at my apartment is usually never more than NT$ 300. I messaged the people I’m housesitting for and they say yes, that’s normal.

Is there a hidden swimming pool I’m not aware of? Is this really possible?![/quote]

Well, do they have a pool they share where they live?

I live in a huge appartment block building, they charge “public used electricity”, for example my bill in June 2006:

General: 40
Public: 511
Own: 291
Total 900

Pretty cool I spent so much that the parking lot is flooded with light and the two security guards can watch TV all day and night. Nobody cares it seems. Its still lower than ‘back home’ so I do neither :slight_smile:

It is only a 3 bedroom house…we took the bill to the neighbours that has the same house and they were shocked. They charged NT$ 400 for a cleaning bill…whatever that is.

There can be an extra charge once per year to clean the shit from the pipes that the inhabitants made during the year. Could be that. :laughing:

Dunno what my water bill is but my electricity bill was eight thousand NT. Oh I do remember, the last one was six hundred and something. But I er have a lot of vegetables.

I would hate to see my apartments electricity bill…its the 3rd and 4th floor of a 4 fl building…and has huge aircons…and sometimes the aircons turn on by themselves…figured out it has to be ppl from the 2nd floor pointing it to theirs and for some wierd reason ours react to it. I havent been there in 4 weeks…housesitting this place. I went back this weekend and the aircon was on and the place was freezing…shudder to think how long its been running!

[quote=“Battery9”]Hi
I’m housesitting someones 3 bedroom house in Xindian. Only 2 people live here now…the bill came for August ONLY…NT$ 1400. My bill at my apartment is usually never more than NT$ 300. I messaged the people I’m housesitting for and they say yes, that’s normal.

Is there a hidden swimming pool I’m not aware of? Is this really possible?![/quote]

I don’t know where you normally live, but if you’re in Taipei City, that could well explain the difference. Xindian is in Taipei County, whereas Taipei City has the cheapest water in all of Taiwan due to subsidies, maybe because it’s a special municipality directly under the central government. BTW, this also means that on average, a Taipei resident uses 40 percent more water than other people in Taiwan. Remember the water rationing that dry summer a couple of years back? Probably hadn’t been necessary with higher water prices.

:eh:[/quote]

I DO water my vegetables. I do have a garden.
It used to have frogs. :fume:

Poltergeist. Yeah I have the same deal (top two floors) and due to the high quality of the design and construction of the building my electricity bills are never under NT$5,000. The price of water then becomes irrelevant in any financial calculation. I don’t understand why water is almost free here but electricity is really expensive.